Sunday, August 22, 2021

Some Things for Sunday

1. This is my favorite picture of Stephanie from our trip to France.
This was taken at the Ambois Chateau in the Loire Valley.

2. This is just one of the magnificent flowers in Monet's garden.
It looks like some sort of sunflower. I would love to have this in my garden. The blooms are about 4 inches wide. So striking. 

3. After our walk through Monet's garden, we walked on down the lane, through Giverny to his grave site.
It seems appropriate that it would be full of flowers.
When we visited the grave site, we discovered this. It is a memorial for some British men from the RAF whose plane went down in Giverny. I love discovering things like this. Very special.

4. I thought this wall was so pretty and unusual.
What a great way to use up a lot of random tile and brick.

5. Scrabble in France.
I love Scrabble. I have no idea what any of these words mean. But I'm pretty sure that 12 letter word wouldn't fly in a real game. Well, unless it's a compound word--then I guess it would be possible.

I hope you are not tired of hearing about our France trip because I still have a few things I want to report. Later...


3 comments:

  1. My schoolgirl French means that I'm pretty sure that the middle word means 'with your book' so I don't think it would count as one word in any scrabble game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! Those white flowers are indeed amazing ... I enjoyed the French scrabble, and yes that three-word phrase wouldn't be allowed normally - perhaps there were children joining in and the adults had made a special rule that you could use your letters to make a sentence/phrase? (I have some French knowledge if it helps. The others, vertically, are : se poser (to arise/to land), s'évader (to escape), rêver (to dream).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love Scrabble whatever the language. Lovely flowers, I'd like to go to Giverney someday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.