Sunday, August 1, 2021

Something Quick for Sunday

So, this weekend was Camp Aunt Barb. I had a myriad of activities and challenges planned for them with lots of games and, or course, poker.
And then, there's this guy. This is why we've made it nearly 50 years! He joins in with calling bingo, playing poker, "babysitting" the kids, serving pool drinks and serving pool snacks. Butch is such a good sport!! He even did this:


Last year, we played poker with tiny cards.
This year, we played with giant cards!! We played Uno with tiny cards!

This made me so happy!!
On Saturday morning, I heard some loud laughing in the dining room and went to check on what was going on. I found the "kids" doing this! They were playing poker all on their own!!! A little early morning "Pass the Trash" to start the day. Yep, we start 'em young 'round here!

They asked if we were going to have Camp Aunt Barb next year. I said, "NO!! Too many picky eaters!!" 

Only kidding. Of course I'll do it again. But for crying out loud--who doesn't like pizza, grilled cheese sandwiches, chocolate pudding and  whipped cream!! At least the hot dogs were acceptable. I've already decided how I'm going to handle it next year. I'm going to have them do ALL the planning from activities to the food, beverages and snacks! I'll be happy to do whatever they want. 

Here's a glimpse of this year:
Swim, swim, swim
Fireball contest
Uno (with tiny cards)
Poker (with giant cards)
Movies bedtime snacks
Breakfast at the Pfunky Griddle
The theater for the Jungle Cruise movie
Fear factor
Playing pool
Happy Hour with a charcuterie for dinner
Kid story starters
Bingo with candy bars for prizes
More poker
Night Swim
Minute to Win it

As you can see, we have a full schedule. Of course, I have Jeanne and Janet here to help--definitely couldn't do it without them! 

By the time they leave, I'm exhausted!! Once I get the house back in order, I'll be chilling the whole day!!





1 comment:

  1. You must be exhausted! They look like they had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.