Saturday, August 28, 2021

Our 50th Anniversary

By the time you are reading this, we will have been married 50 years and exactly one week! On our anniversary, we were at Sandy and Greg's in Atlanta. 

Let me back up for a minute. When the whole family was together for Butch's 70th birthday in June, Sandy, Stephanie and Mindy told us to block out Labor Day weekend because they had a surprise trip planned for us. They said that we would be told things on a "need to know basis." Hmmm, so they didn't really tell us anything at all. I tried to get something out of Stephanie on our France trip. She said, "Mom, my sister's would kill me if I told you anything!" So she didn't. 

I considered calling Mindy because if the shoe was on the other foot, that girl would hound me to death until I told her something! But, I didn't. I decided to let things unfold naturally.

Sooo, back to the fact that we were in Atlanta with Sandy. Mid afternoon, Stephanie and Mindy called in so they could unveil the plans. Well, not exactly unveil the plans, but just tell us where we were going. They said that they decided to encompass all the things we love: traveling, geo-caching, hiking, seeing and doing unusual things and kitschy stuff. They are taking us to Helen, Georgia. It's a little Bavarian town with really good German food. I have resisted the urge to "google" it. Yay me for showing such restraint!

That's all they told us. They said that each person was responsible for some aspect of the trip and that we would receive a packing list soon. So we still don't know any details. But knowing this family, it's going to be fun. Heck all we need to do is just be together sitting around and that's fun enough!! We're really excited!

Sandy and Greg picked a really good restaurant called Ray's--to take us for our anniversary dinner. Before leaving, we got a few pictures.






We had a delicious dinner. Of course, I had to get the French Onion Soup. It was amazing!! Everyone enjoyed their dinner. We definitely want to go back again.
Later, after we got home, Sandy surprised us with sparklers--they were in the shape of a 5 and a 0. And yes, we've had 50 years full of sparks and surprises.
We are excited for the adventures still ahead!

Our anniversary surprise from the girls is just one week away. We can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.