Wednesday, August 25, 2021

What I Buy Wednesday

As you read this, we are relaxing at the beach. Honestly, I've completely forgotten about my blog! I usually try to get a few posts ready to go. But not this time. Just a bit too busy. Definitely more to come. But for now--here is what I bought in France:
Of course I bought my Starbucks mug for my collection. The plates, napkins, Eiffel Tower pasta and if you look real close--the Eiffel Tower Pandora charm on my travel bracelet were surprises from Stephanie. The candy bar and rose' wine were for Mindy (she asked me to bring her something--as if she's still 5! Oh wait, maybe she is). The jams are from the baker who did the pastry demonstration on the boat. I bought the macaroons for our family happy hour last Friday. I did a charcuterie board with a French flair. I bargained with the street vendors for the metal Eiffel Tower (that's going in to the new guest bath) and hat. And lastly, I just had to buy the book when we were at Monet's Garden! That will go in the newly remodeled bedroom too.

That's it for me. But, Stephanie came away with some awesome new shoes! She loves shoes. She planned to buy shoes in Paris prior to the trip. They were a treat to herself for her hard work and recent promotion. 
They are so darn cute. All sparkly with rhinestones. I told her the only way I would splurge on something like this is if I made up my mind that I would really wear them a lot. A. Lot. A pair of shoes like this deserve it! Even with jeans--they need to be worn!
You know what that red sole means--the ultimate shoe! I really hope she enjoys them and doesn't "save" them for just special occasions!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that red sole shows exactly how special they are! She really must wear them as much as she can and not just keep them in their box in the wardrobe waiting for special occasions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.