Thursday, August 12, 2021

Monet's Garden

Yesterday we went to Giverny to spend time in Monet's garden. OMGosh y'all! I had no idea this was a bucket list item! In fact, I'm putting it ON my bucket list just so I can check it off!! 

It was the garden of ALL gardens! We were required to wear masks--even though it was outside. It didn't matter! I was so enthralled with the beauty, I barely noticed.
Butch says I have my mask hanging off my ear in all of our pictures. I'll have to be better about taking it off for pictures!

I took at least a hundred pictures. I've narrowed it down to just a few--it takes forever to get photos to download:
I have never seen this flower before. In fact, there were many in Monet's gardens that were new to me. This looks sort of like fuchsia.


With some of these beautiful views, I've decided that instead of "buying" art in France, I'm just going to enlarge my own photos for framing.
Seems to me that my French farmhouse bedroom wouldn't be complete without a portrait of Monet's garden. This will be perfect blown up for over the bed with a rustic frame.

These sunflowers were amazing.
These tiny little flowers were adorable. I love things like this. Such a surprise. Similar to lantana, but not.

After Giverny, we sailed to a little town called Les Andekys. 
Butch, Stephanie and Nicky hiked up to the ruins of Richard the Lionhearted's castle. I was going to do it too, but took one look and said, "Uh, no! I'll just browse the cute little town!" Still managed to log over 12,000 steps!!

Today, we're going to some abbeys. As I am typing this, I can hear church bells ringing! They are keeping us so busy. I know, it's our choice as we don't have to do anything. But, we don't want to miss a thing!!

Oh, and the food...I'll have to do an entire post about that. So delicious!!

Later...



2 comments:

  1. It'll mean so much more to have an enlarged photo of your own hung on the wall rather than something you bought in a shop. Sounds like you are having the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea to have one of your own photos as a picture. Here, you can have them enlarged and printed onto canvas - I imagine you can do that in the US too. I especially like your panorama of the garden with the pond/lake in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.