Saturday, August 21, 2021

50 Years!

How is that even possible! We're celebrating our 50th anniversary! I swear, it's gone by so darn fast! 

We started here--just babes! I'm 19, he's 20!
Here's a little trip down memory lane--of course my photos are not cooperating--so they are a bit jumbled:
This is about 20 years in.

Could I be more white?? Tanning was never my "thing!"
I really liked my '80's hair! My hair is very fine and flat. I wish perms were back in style.
We took this photo last year on our 49th anniversary. We have our initials on the top of our wedding bands. Butch's are just about worn off. When Butch asked me to marry him, we picked out these bands and did "90 days same as cash" to pay for them!
This picture is the most recent from our trip to France.
Me with my freakish "man" hand! 
This was taken at our 25th anniversary surprise party that our friends threw for us.
We had this picture made for our 25th anniversary before the Swan Ball--the biggest social event of the year in Nashville. It's a fundraiser for Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. We did not have a wedding photographer, so I wanted a professional picture for the 25th.

Aside from the photos from France, I'm considering this one our most recent. This was taken on Butch's 70th birthday when I hired a photographer to take our family pictures.

And here are the results of our 50 years:
Three beautiful daughters--from left: Sandy, Butch, Stephanie, me and Mindy.
Five fabulous grand-kids--all grown up! Clockwise from top left: Victoria (#4), 
Jordan (#1), Elizabeth (#5), Mitchell (#3) and Morgan (#2).

The whole gang! The 3 sons-in-law are from top: Nicky, Justin and Greg in front.

Fifty years has been a fun ride. I just wish this train would slow down!!






3 comments:

  1. Amazing photos - what a good looking couple you are! Congratulations on your 50th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely photos of you and the family! So very elegant ... Love the way you're all in jeans and white tops - very classy. Very many congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely trip down memory lane. Congratulations on the 50 years :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.