Wednesday, February 21, 2024

What I Buy Wednesday

Of course there was some shopping happening in Chicago. I didn't really need anything, but I did need lipstick. I've been to Sephora with just about all of my granddaughters were teens. But, I never bought anything thing there. 
So, it's taken me until I reached 72 before I made my first purchase. 
There was one problem. I kept forgetting which one each smear on my hand was. I finally settled on two of them. I bought a Revlon lipstick at Target recently for $14.00--and couldn't believe that price. It was horrible--all sticky. 
I was happy that these from Sephora were two for $30. I have to admit, I think the two colors that I bought--although different--are very close to the same!

On Monday, Karolyn planned a "gift shop" tour. We started in East Nashville for our first stop. After the first shop, it was already time for lunch.
We went to Fatbelly Pretzels. Pam and I shared a pretzel sandwich that was delicious. As much as I liked it, I doubt I'll go back. I do not like hightop tables with stools. They are not comfortable for me. But, the food was really good!
After lunch, we stopped for a photo. Nashville is full of murals--it's the thing to do is have your picture made. 

From East Nashville, we went all the way to Murfreesboro--about and 45 minutes away. We stopped at a store called Pop Shelf. It was a neat store with a little bit of everything. The prices are very good. 

Our next stop was Franklin. We went in the most circuitous way to get there. But it didn't matter considering it's just fun being with your friends. We stopped at Sonic where Pam treated us to drinks. 

We stopped at a cute place---I cannot remember the name of it. I picked up a surprise for someone in the family. Our last stop was at White's Mercantile. We started out at 10 a.m. and finished around 3. 

Here's my haul! Pop Shelf had some odds 'n ends scrapbook things. The wrapped package, is the surprise. There is a vintage Valentine's decoration that I got for 75% off. I spent about $60 for everything. 

It was a fun day and we can't wait to do it again. There were several places that we didn't get to, so we have unfinished business. I was most happy that Karolyn planned it! I love it when someone else takes the lead once in awhile!!

Oh, I did buy one more thing this week. It's a pink jacket from Walmart to go with jeans. I couldn't resist when Sandy's favorite influencer modeled it. You can find her on Instagram at "My Big Texas House." She has a whole line of home decor items at Walmart. She also buys clothes there and everything looks good on her. You can't beat the prices. After all, it is Walmart! 

What have you bought this week?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.