Monday, February 12, 2024

Me on Monday

Yesterday was Super Bowl Sunday. Since we had no other invitations, we were having a family party. After Mass, we stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things. I wanted some fresh flowers. I pick up these inexpensive bouquets once or twice a month. 
This was the one I chose. I liked the variety and the greenery included. It was $12.00. As we were heading to check-out, Butch spotted this one:
He liked it better than the one I picked out. You can't tell it here, but it's all glittery. I didn't like it. When I buy flowers, I only like ones that are natural. I don't like "sprayed" or forced colors. I want flowers that actually grow in nature. Anyway, we went back and forth. He kept saying he really liked this one. Finally I relented. It was only $9.00. Okay, fine, I let him have his way. Pick your battles and all that jazz. 

When we exited the grocery store, the bouquet looked like you see it here---no glitter at all. I said, "Well great, all the glitter has blown off!" He accused me of shaking it! I knew it had something to do with the light. When we got in the car, 
you could see some of it. Once we got it home, I added some extra daisies from last weeks bouquet--that gave it a little more variety. 
Setting a pretty table is my favorite thing! Let's take a closer look, shall we?

First, notice the heart garland. Mindy made that for me several years ago--probably 10--it's so darn cute. I usually hang it on the mantle, but I love it here. I gathered some red books from the library. If you look closely, you can see the heart, glass ornaments that our cocktails were in on Saturday at our Galentine's event.
The old wooden spools with hearts were a craft project many years ago. 

The books here are a couple of my favorite "Janes"--Austin & Eyre. When I took the apple off the counter Butch said, "You're going to use my apple as a decoration?" Well of course. It's red isn't it? Finally, I used the candy that was in the charcuterie as "sprinkles". 

I even watched the whole football game. Unusual for me. But I just happen to be a Taylor Swift fan which then makes me a Travis Kelce fan and we lived in Kansas City so that makes me a Chiefs fan. There were plenty of reasons to watch. So I did.

I'm so glad I did! Hurray for the Chiefs!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.