Thursday, February 1, 2024

End of Month Re-cap

January seems like it flew by in a flash. Having a week long cruise definitely added to my leisure time.

The nominations for the Academy Awards are out. It's always unbelievable to me that I haven't even heard of half of them---and my friends and I go to the movies all the time. We'd like to see all the ones nominated, but they haven't even been shown in Nashville. 


The ones we've seen:

The Holdovers

Barbie

Oppenheimer

Killers of the Flower Moon


The ones we've never heard of:

American Fiction

The Zone of Interest

Poor Things

Past Lives

Anatomy of a Fall

Maestro (this one is supposed to be out this weekend. Nancy saw it in NYC that's the only reason I even know about it.) 


I have no idea when they will ever reach Nashville. If they do, it is our plan to see them. As of the ones we've seen, I would choose Killers of the Flower Moon to win.


Back to the month in numbers.


Movies seen--5

These were excellent:

*****The Boys in the Boat

*****Ferrari 

*****Anyone But You

*****The Beekeeper


Books read--9

The following are 5 stars:

Lone Survivor

Strange Sally Diamond

Worthy--audio book read by Jada Pinkett Smith


TV--obviously, I watch a lot of tv while stitching, editing photos or being on my computer. I'm only listing the ones that I thought were worth watching.

Apple TV

Lessons in Chemistry--fabulous! Equally as good as the book.

Max

I previously watched The Curious Case of Natalya Grace which was pretty unbelivable. This month I watched Natalya Speaks for her side of the story. Even more unbelievable.

Hulu

The Act (limited series)--the true story of Gypsy Rose who with her boyfirend, killed her mother. Patricia Arquette played the mother---it was really good!

Netflix

*Inventing Anna--series--true story

*I can only imagine--movie based on a true story--played like a Hallmark movie, but the fact that it was a true story made it good.

*Trapped--thriller--very good--Kevin Bacon--I love him, but wasn't thrilled that he played a bad guy. Plus I also love Charlize Theron

*Creedence Clearwater Revival--documentary

*Keep Sweet, Pray and Obey--documentary


Well, that's the best of the best for this month. Do let me know if you've watched or read anything you thought was fabulous! 






1 comment:

  1. You certainly lead a busy life! How on earth did you read nine books? My goodness, I suddenly feel like a slow reader :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.