Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Travel Tuesday

On Friday, I flew to Chicago to spend the weekend with Morgan. I got there about a half hour before she did. We met at The Drake Hotel where we had a light lunch.

Then we decided to go to Water Tower Place to do a little shopping. On the way, I had a little mishap and almost gave Morgan a heart attack. I had a fall! I wasn't watching where I was going and tripped on a cobblestone that was sticking up. Of course, everyone around us gasped and came to my aid. I was fine (well, sort of) and was able to get myself up. People want to try to help by grabbing your arms and pulling. That just hurts! I shut that down right away by saying that I could do it myself, and I did. Good thing I'm doing that practicing every day!!  We continued on our way and shopped for a couple hours.

After a brief rest, we went to Sushi San for dinner. We each got a sushi roll and shared the Lobster rice. It was delicious. I don't get the raw sushi, but as far as the cooked goes, I've never had one I didn't like. Sushi has become one of my favorite foods.

Chicago was cold. Very cold. So we really didn't waste any time walking around. That wind! We spent the rest of the evening just chatting about anything and everything in our hotel room. 

The next morning, we had 8:30 reservations for the Disney 100: the Exhibition--the purpose of the trip. 



The exhibit was amazing. There were so many awesome, original things, like drawings, concept ideas, costumes, tons of original props and many, many interactive things. One of our favorites was the sound effect department. Who knew that by rubbing bamboo, you could get the sound of fire sweeping through a city? Or that brake drums sounded like a clock chiming? We couldn't get over the sounds that department was able to create with ordinary things. 

There was so much to see that we were there a couple of hours. If it comes to your city and you love Disney as much as we do---it's not to be missed! My only complaint is that there were no places to sit for a minute. At my age, I need a rest now and then!

We had planned to go for brunch after the exhibit. Since it was 11 a.m., we decided that it would be too much food since our reservations for tea at The Drake were at 3:30. So instead, we went to where we were going to shop--I'm not sure what it's called, but it was where the Bloomingdales is right across the street from our hotel. We had a tea--me--Morgan had coffee and a muffin (she had a ham & cheese croissant) to hold us over. 

We went to each floor and walked around. Morgan ended up finding a few things. 
We returned to the hotel with a little time for a nap. Then it was off to tea. The place was packed. If you didn't have reservations, you weren't getting in!



We had a lovely tea. All of the tea treats were delicious. Mindy would be happy to know that there wasn't a single one that contained mayonnaise! The scones are always my favorite. It's an "all you can eat" type of thing, but we only ordered an extra scone and smoked salmon tiny sandwich. That was really good! We ended up taking the sweet treats back up to the room for later. 

Then it was off to see The Blue Man Group. We had both seen them years ago, but since our Broadway Show plans didn't work out (long story), we opted for it again. We got back to the hotel around 7:30. Morgan ordered Chicago pizza to be delivered to the hotel. We weren't all that impressed, but we weren't starving anyway! 

We had a great time and plan to do it again. There really is so much to do in Chicago, but we just mostly hung out. I enjoyed having so much one-on-one time with this little sweetheart! Okay, she's not so little anymore--soon to be 28. Where in the heck has the time gone!

I love you Morgan!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.