Sunday, February 11, 2024

Something for Sunday

About a month ago, Mindy found out about a "Galentine's" event at the Green Hills Mall. We were really excited when Pam and Lauren decided to join us. We started with lunch at the Green Hills Grille. From there, we headed to the mall. What a nightmare finding parking! Seems that everyone was at the mall on a rainy day.

Anyway, we met up and started with pictures. Mindy and Stephanie had me remind Pam and Lauren to dress festively for the pictures. I think they turned out so cute!

Pam and I both remarked that we didn't like that they decided to throw some purple in there.

We sat down and examined all of our "stuff." The table was festooned with fresh roses. The heart thing in the cup is our teeny, tiny cocktail. Really, when we poured it into the cup, it was about an inch of liquid. Still, the glass hearts are cute. I can see filling them with water and red food coloring to add to a Valentine's Day charcuterie. 
There was a demonstration on how to build the charcuterie in the heart-shaped tin. There were raspberries, cherries, dried apricots, strawberries and a slice of blood orange. There were 3 types of cheese: brie, manchego, and aged white cheddar (my favorite), macaron, pretzels, and assorted candies. We were taught how to make salami roses. 
Pam, Lauren and Mindy.

Childhood friends. 

Steph and me.
We each got a cookie--I ate mine right away!
The finished product!
We put them all together for a final photo. 

For Butch and me, this was dinner. 

It was so much fun that we are probably going to do the next thing coming up---creating your own perfume! It's the weekend before Mother's Day. 



1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.