Thursday, February 15, 2024

Five Things Thursday

1. Last Saturday night, I was making. myself an ice cream cone. All of a sudden, a water drop hits me on top of the head.
I looked up and saw this black spot. I called Butch. And then we started arguing. He said that the plumbing upstairs in the guest bathroom right above the kitchen was obviously leaking. I said that--"since that bathroom is never used, how can that be? It seems to me that it must be the roof since it's been raining for a few days" We went back and forth, not knowing who to call. So, he went to bed and left it to me to figure it out (at least that was my take on it). So, I did! The first thing I did was move the rug which was wet. Then I contacted Christy---my designer friend who has handled all of our remodeling. I know that she doesn't do home repairs, but I didn't know where to turn. I was just looking for some advice on who to call, but since she loves me, she handled it. 

I sent her assorted pictures from different angles. She was in touch with her "guy," Wilder who works for her and did our most recent remodel--including the bathroom above the kitchen. To make a long story short, he come out on Monday morning and spent 5 hours tracking down the leak.
He agreed with Butch, thinking it was plumbing related. He did all kinds of things in
the bathroom to see inside the wall--removing the fixtures and wallpaper, but couldn't find anything. At some point, he opened the ceiling in the kitchen. Ultimately after being in both attics, up and down a zillion times which nearly sent me in to a full blown panic attack since he was walking over and over on the new carpet--he found that there was a broken vent pipe leading from the roof. He fixed it and came back yesterday day to patch the ceiling. The painters will be here tomorrow  to sand (ugh!) and re-paint the ceiling. Luckily for me, my anxiety will not be a problem because I'll be in Chicago with Morgan!! Hopefully, Butch will have it all cleaned up by the time I get home on Sunday!

Even after all of this, Butch and I discussed what we would have done if we didn't have Christy. That girl is amazing and I am so grateful that she came to our rescue. Honestly, who do you call in this situation?

2. 
I came across this picture and just had to post it. Amanda was Sandy's BFF growing up. Since they were both together a couple weeks ago, I thought they would get a kick out of it. Oh, and that's Mindy--just in case you couldn't figure it out!


3. Nicky sent me this picture. You have to look really close.


You just never know where Rio is going to turn up! This is Jordan's bedroom which is rarely used. It looks like she's found a cozy spot and settled in!

4. I think this is a great idea. 
If I saw something like this in a restaurant I was at, I would totally buy a meal for someone.

5. And then, this.
What an unusual piece of art. I don't know where it is, but I would love to see it in person!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.