Wednesday, July 7, 2021

What I Buy Wednesday

I reported last week on what I didn't buy at Walmart. Well, this week, I did buy a few things there. I still don't love Walmart, but I really am loving some of the lines they are carrying. Like this pillow:
It's from the Better Homes and Gardens collection. It stands to reason, I used to love the magazine, so now I really like their line of home products. The pillows are $15.00.
This is the family room that we've just redecorated. I'll be sharing the before and afters next week after the final piece of furniture is delivered.

Then, this time around, I wasn't able to resist getting a few new towels for the kitchen. The ones I have are probably ten years old! I was ready for something fresh and colorful like this collection.
These are from the Pioneer Woman collection. The set of 4 colorful towels are $9.95. I bought two sets because I put two towels out at a time. BTW I just read recently that you are supposed to change out your kitchen towels and dishcloths every one or two days. I didn't know that. I usually use a pair of towels for the week. Of course, that depends on how much they get used. We don't cook that much, so it's not like they are constantly in use. I pretty much get out a new dishcloth when it starts to smell. I think I'll start using a new one more frequently now. Oh, and the new potholders were $7.95 for the pair.

If you look really close at the picture of the pillow above, you can see the yellow dish towel on the bar in the background.

I did purchase one more thing. It's sort of a shabby chic tray that I plan to use on the dresser upstairs after the remodel there. 

One thing is for sure. You can't beat Walmart's prices!

By the time you are reading this, we will be on our way to the beach. It's going to be hot hot hot! Jack and Connie are going with us. We've already planned out the restaurants. We're trying to keep the food light. We don't want to be cooking too much. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.