Saturday, July 10, 2021

This and That


When I was in St. Louis a couple weeks ago, every time I stepped in to my sister, Jennifer's house, "she" greeted me. Apparently, this is her favorite spot to keep an eye on everyone's comings and goings. 

While I was in St. Louis, my sister, Jeanne, brother, Matt and I went to the closing of our high school--Rosary.
Our class of 1970 was the very first class who went all the way through, starting as freshmen. We had 426 in our graduating class--1400 in the whole school. Believe it or not, that is a small school in St. Louis. I never realized it was a big school until we moved to Nashville in 1985. There are so many small schools. And when I say small, I mean small!--Like 50 students per class at St. Cecilia Academy where our girls went--a total of 200 in the whole school!! 
There I am at the very tail end! With a name like Zimmermann, I was always last! It's sad that just 54 years later the school has closed. It was a good run.
Poor Stephanie. A cook, she is not! She's a really good sport about it and can have a good laugh at herself. But, she tries so hard! She made these festive dipped strawberries for a barbecue that we were invited to on the 4th of July. By the time she got to our house, they looked like this! I felt so bad for her. We're just proud that she keeps on trying!! Too bad she didn't get a "before" picture!
 
Remember these:
How darling are they? Well, it turned out to be another "fail" for Steph. She made these for our annual mother/daughter ornament exchange a few years ago. By the time she got there, every single one of the trees had crumbled! At least we have this picture to see how darn cute they were!! I'm glad she keeps trying!

I already shared the bouquet that Butch had waiting for me when I returned from St. Louis a couple weeks ago. When I was cleaning out the dead flowers this week, I came across this!! It was hidden amongst the flowers. It says, "lookin' sharp." That's nice!

We're having a great time at the beach. It's hot--really hot and muggy. And, it's pretty crowded. I don't really like that. But I can always rely on the back pool to be calm and peaceful. You'll find me there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.