Sunday, July 11, 2021

Another Garden

Today I'm sharing my sister, Jeanne's garden. She and I had a lovely visit sitting outside amidst all of this:
As you walk down the side of the house from the driveway, there's a little vignette--I love those in gardens.
Her house sits in a park-like setting--like mine did until the neighbor cut down all the trees! Can you tell I'm still bitter about that? Back to Jeanne.
She's used to hosting big family gatherings, so there's plenty of room to spread out.

She has so much watering!! I admire her---she does all the work herself--unlike me who now hires someone to pull weeds and do all the heavy lifting. I used to enjoy it, but now it's just too much hard work. Could be and age thing! After all, I am approaching 70!!

Still, I like to think that I'm the reason Jeanne loves gardening. It all began when I was taking the Master Gardening course through the University of Tennessee. Part of the requirements to complete the class was the installation of several gardens. I did 4--including Jeanne's first. I came in to town. Then I called her at work and asked if I could rip out stuff and do whatever I wanted. She agreed. I scrapbooked those pictures long ago, so don't have any to share. 

But, I have this one from when we met at the Cincinnati Flower Show--about a hundred years ago--really maybe 25???
We were enthralled by the miniature gardens at the show. So, we did what any gardeners would do---we bought plants and accessories, stopped at the garden center for pots and soil, and made our little gardens on the balcony of our hotel room! We've never looked back!!

Little grasshopper did good! The master approves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.