Thursday, July 22, 2021

Five Things Thursday

1. Seems pretty accurate to me!

2. I may have mentioned that we've started up our "Movie Mondays" again since the theaters have reopened. We've seen several movies already. All of these were very good--I mean really, really good: 
In the Heights--Who doesn't love Lin-Manuel Miranda?
The Hitman's Bodyguard's Wife--at least I think that's the title. It's a mouthful and I'm never quite sure if I have the order of the words correctly. Anyway, I knew nothing about this one. I was surprised that it was a comedy. Turns out, I LOVE Ryan Reynolds. In fact, I just listened to a podcast called Smartless (Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, Will Arnett---totally love them all) where they interviewed him. That was really good too!
Cruella--well, all I can say about this is FABULOUS!! Warning, be sure to stay until AFTER the first part of the credits. There's another little piece that brings it all full circle---not giving anything away. I just realized something about the movies that I hadn't noticed before. DO NOT leave until the house lights come on. Just like in the theater--it's when the house lights come on that you know it's really over!

3. I've read some really good books lately. The Girl with No Name, The Last Thing He Told Me, The Midnight Library and The Final Days of John Lennon. All 5 stars in my book with John Lennon being at the top of the list. You know, that British thing and all. Oh, and it's the BEATLES!! What's not to love!

4. These are in full bloom again.
They make a nice show at the mailbox and come back every year. But, I call them one day flowers. The blooms only last one day. Luckily, it blooms profusely, so it looks like this just about all the time.

While I was out walking, I saw this one.
What a stunning color. I love it! 

5. I was behind this truck at a stoplight. It made me smile because I did a double-take:
For just a second, I thought I was in St. Louis! It's not often you see the SL and Cardinals logo in Music City!! Look close! And it is a Tennessee plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.