Sunday, July 18, 2021

Some Things for Sunday

While we were at the beach, Butch decided to place a cache in a pet cemetery. Years ago, he took all of us (the grands were little then) to this same place to find a cache. It was eerie and creepy then. He noticed that it was no longer an active cache. The owner neglected it, so it was archived. Butch wanted to place another in it's place. 

This animal skull (don't know which animal) seems like the perfect thing! He said I had given it to him many years ago. I have no recollection of that.
When we were packing the car with the things we were taking to the beach, I saw it in a box. My first thought was, "Oh no! I hope he doesn't think we're adding that to the decor!" I mean, come on. The beach place is a happy, colorful, dreamy type of place. I don't think we need an animal skull to turn it in to a nightmare type of place! Still, I didn't say anything. I think at one point I finally asked him what he was doing with that. 
That's when he reminded me that it was a cache. When you turn it over, there is the film canister with the log inside. Look at those teeth! Actually, I think it's a pretty cool cache---and absolutely perfect for a pet cemetery! This is the perfect kind of thing to attract little kids to caching!

One last thing about the beach. The sunrises and sunsets are amazing!


Totally worth getting up for---or in this case, leaving for home at the crack of dawn!!

Big family dinner planned for tonight. We spent the weekend at Sandy's and got home this morning. Morgan had requested the dinner as Victoria and Elizabeth are in town--even though we just saw them in Atlanta! 

Morgan called me on Thursday afternoon to "check up on me." I questioned her about that. No one needs to remind me of anything---usually. I told her that I had already made the spaghetti sauce earlier that day. I made a huge pot---the only way we Italians make sauce! I brought a couple containers to Sandy. As for us, there will be eleven here. We're having spaghetti (and zucchini noodles for those of us not eating pasta), meat sauce, salsiccia (I always have to look up how it's spelled--Italian sausage that we'll cook on the grill), a big salad, garlic cheese bread---AND some pasta with homemade Alfredo sauce--for one picky person who doesn't like red sauce! What??? I honestly didn't think there was anyone who didn't like spaghetti with meat sauce!! Oh well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.