Thursday, July 8, 2021

Five Things Thursday

1. What I'm reading: finished The Midnight Library and just about finished with The Last Thing He Told Me. Okay y'all these books are both 5 stars! Very very good. Great summer reads--quick. The Midnight Library will really have you thinking---could something like this really be possible? Hmmm, I wonder. As for The Last Thing He Told Me, what a heartbreaking situation to be in. To find out the person you thought you knew wasn't who you thought he was. Both are so so good.
They are our book club books for this month. I do hope everyone reads them both. 

2. What we're doing on Monday: we're back to our Movie Mondays. In fact, we've been to three in the past week. Connie, Nancy and I have the Regal Unlimited passes. You pay $22.95 a month and you can see as many movies as many times as you want. It was like this:
We're back to being just about the only ones in the theater. Don't let these cars fool you. The one on the left is mine and the blue one on the right is Nancy's! Not sure why she parked so close to another car when the whole garage is empty. But then again, you just never know about her!! This was when we saw The Hitman's Bodyguard's Wife. There were only three other people in the theater with us. Same for In the Heights and Cruella. 

All three were excellent. My favorite was In the Heights, but then I am obsessed with musical theater and had seen it on stage several years ago. Connie didn't remember it. She liked it too, but her favorite was Cruella. It's fantastic---the clothes and movie soundtrack ('60's music). I'll admit, I fell asleep a few times--I kept trying to stay awake and felt like I knew everything that went on as there didn't seem to be any gaps. Still, I'm going to see it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. That's the beauty of the pass! But, the problem is that they have discontinued the early movies--the ones that started around 11:30. Now they are all after 1 p.m.--right about my nap time! Remember, I get up anywhere between 4:30 and 5:30 a.m. I like my nap in the afternoon. 

The Hitman's Bodyguard's Wife was also very good. I knew nothing about this and didn't know there was a previous one. I also didn't know it was a comedy. So far, we're batting a thousand with the movies.

3. What I'm watching: OMGosh y'all! My Octopus Teacher on Netflix is great! I don't know who told me about it, but it's been on my list for quite a while. Butch and I started watching it. My thoughts during the first ten minutes or so were that I didn't think I was going to like it. But, I do love documentaries. And---I love learning things. I'm telling you, this one is fabulous. Beware, parts are sad, but then, that's nature! It's just amazing.

I also watched Tina on HBO--very good. I knew I would like it. In fact, we're going to NYC for New Year's Eve this year with Sandy, Stephanie, Mindy and their husbands. I've already gotten tickets to see Tina the musical on stage. I know it's going to be fabulous! 4 of us are going while the other 4 chose MJ--Michael Jackson. I know that will be fabulous too, but I've already seen some sort of Michael Jackson tribute a couple times. I'll definitely see this one sometime too since it will be about his life. But for this trip, I was team Tina all the way!

4. What we're doing: 
It's been awhile, but we're starting up our puzzles again. We've gotten quite a few for Christmas and birthdays. Another one in the books. 

So I already told you about the sale of Butch's 1959 Corvette.
But what I forgot to mention is that the guy paid in CASH! $100 bills! This stack is about 5 inches tall!
It kind of freaked me out. I thought the bank would think we were selling drugs or something. Plus, I didn't want to be carrying around that much money. I got Butch to handle it. He said the bank people asked him if he'd sold a car. I guess it's common to get cash when you sell a car. 

5. What we're eating: OMGosh y'all! This is absolutely delicious! 
G. Hughes sugar free barbecue sauce. The program I'm on doesn't allow sugar. I read about this and asked Butch to pick it up---you guessed it---from Walmart! I was skeptical, because I was pretty certain there would be a terrible after taste--as there tends to be with sugar free stuff. I was wrong! Way wrong! You absolutely cannot tell the difference!
Can you believe it? Only 10 calories for 2 tablespoons. I like a lot of barbecue sauce on my meat. A. Lot. In fact, I'll usually pour a little on the side of my plate so I can dip my meat. For years--since living in Kansas City, the only sauce for me was KC Masterpiece. I love the sweetness. I'm telling you, this is so very close! Good and sweet and you can have as much as you want. Win. Win. There are other flavors, but I doubt I'll try them. Why mess with success?

So that's what I've been up to. What about you? What cha reading, watching, doing and eating?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.