Wednesday, March 13, 2024

What I Buy Wednesday

I don't usually do food posts on "What I Buy Wednesday." But this time I have info I want to share. 

I have said before that I don't really like Trader Joe's. In truth, I've only been there twice. 
After the first time, I told myself that I would never go back. The parking lot is a zoo. Once you get in the store, it's laid out on a weird angle. It's hard to navigate. I am not familiar with their products and don't know what to buy. So all of that combined is why I said I wouldn't go back.

Then, I read an article about what things to buy if you are trying to eat healthy and low calorie. So, I went back. Of course I couldn't find half of the things on the list. But I did find some things that have turned out to be winners. 

This chicken is really good. 
There was another chicken that I liked, but forgot to take a picture of the packaging. It was mandarin orange chicken. 

I also bought 3 types of frozen fruit. One was a mixed berry, another was cherry and berries and the last were peaches. I used sweetener on all of the fruits. 

I was skeptical about trying meatless sausage patties. Seems like an oxymoron to me.
As it turned out, it was delicious. 

Finally, I used these in the burrito bowls I made on Sunday night.
I used ground turkey. After browning and draining the grease, I added a package of taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water. Then you make your bowl by adding the corn, riced cauliflower (warning--it's really spicy, but as part of the bowl, it mixes in and isn't too hot), black beans, low-fat shredded Mexican cheese, fat free sour cream, avocado and crumbled tortilla chips on top for added crunch.

I had planned to add salsa, but as it turned out, what I had was mango salsa. I didn't think that would go well with it. The burrito bowls were delicious without salsa!

Now that I know exactly what to get, I'll go back. Let me know if you have an TJ favorites to add to my list.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.