Wednesday, March 6, 2024

What I Didn't Buy Wednesday

My BFF, Connie gave me these Madame Alexander dolls of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip. She has an extensive doll collection. Due to my love of all things royal, I admired these years ago when she first got them. She decided to surprise me with them for my birthday. I have them on display in my scrapbook room.

That royal cape! I'm thrilled to have them! 

My friends and I are always talking about how our children---all adults now---don't want our stuff. Just today, Pam was talking about her dad's naval uniform which is one of her prize possessions, but her girls don't want it. It's kind of sad, but the truth is, young people go for an uncluttered, clean look. They don't seem to be sentimental about anything. That seems to be a pervasive attitude as the "things" we valued no longer have much value. I learned this lesson many years ago when I tried to sell some Lennox vases on Ebay. It wasn't worth the hassle. I sold about 5 of them. The selling price was equal to, or lower than the cost of the darn shipping---around 6 bucks apiece. Certainly not worth the trouble of boxing them up. It's sad, but it's just how it is. 

I have figured out a way to get rid of the teapots in my collection--not that I have that many--but my girls don't really want them either. I'm inviting the grands of my friends over for tea and then letting them have a teapot to take home. Okay, I've only done it once, but I plan to do it again!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.