Wednesday, March 20, 2024

What I Buy Wednesday!

Well, there are some things that money can't buy. Today's post is about some of those. 

Connie and I accepted an invitation on Monday night. When I got home, I said to Butch, "I have had so many extraordinary experiences in my life. Here, I just got home after having a fabulous time with the girls in NYC and seeing three shows. Then tonight I was sitting in the most beautiful mansion, listening to the most enchanting piano music. As I sat there, I kept thinking about how lucky I am. I am one lucky girl!!" It's so true! 

Butch reacted pretty much like he always does. He just rides it out when I'm in the midst of all that exuberance--you know I'm always so excited about everything!! 

It was a fabulous evening in part because of this guy:
Meet my boyfriend, Jerry. Unlike my 7th grade boyfriend who didn't know he was my boyfriend, Jerry refers to me as his girlfriend. Now lest you think it might go to my head, he actually has a harem of girlfriends! He is the nicest, friendliest, most interesting and talented guy you'll ever meet. I met him years ago through bridge. 

Sadly, on this night, he broke up with me! I'll admit, he let me down easy---even serenading me one last time.
I might have actually "teared up" when he played "My Foolish Heart" for me! Okay, I did request it--just keeping it real here! It was kind of hard for a final good-bye with a room full of people! A bunch of my bridge buddies.


So. (If you've read me for any length of time, you know I use SO a lot--a whole lot). I'm being so melodramatic because Jerry has moved to Bowling Green, KY. It's hard to believe I might never see him again. He's been a big part of my bridge life. But, it's like I've always said, "Boys come and go. But your girlfriends are forever!"
My number one! Well, except for Butch who is my true number one! And then there are our girls...and my siblings...and my friends. I guess I have a lot of number ones! Yep, I'm a lucky girl in so many ways!

As for Jerry, just one more great memory for my scrapbook of life! You just can't buy this stuff!

PS He's self-taught on the piano and plays brilliantly. He really is amazing. I'm going to miss him!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.