Friday, March 1, 2024

Friday Frustrations

Are we having fun yet?

So, we're on our ski trip. Yesterday was our first day on the slopes. But, it was questionable as to whether we would get there. Here's the story:

I don't ski anymore, so now I have the "un"fun job of driving the skiers to the lifts and dropping them off. Last year, we had some huge vehicle--like an Exhibition or Suburban. Those trucks are ridiculous. I don't know why anyone needs something so big. For this "height-challenged" girl, they are way too big for me. I'm uncomfortable driving them. I cannot see around the behemoth. And, in the ski parking lot, there are kids running all over as well as adults not looking where they are going. My heart about pounds out of my chest trying to back up amidst those circumstances.

This year, Butch got a 7 passenger van. That definitely felt better for me. The only problem is that when I tried to get it out of the driveway, we got stuck on the ice and couldn't get up the hill. Butch got behind the wheel and tried everything. The boys pushed--which made me a nervous wreck--they tried a carpet square, some thin wood pieces, but nothing worked.
Thank goodness for AAA (Triple A). We thought that was going to be hours and hours! Actually, they were here in 10 minutes. The "guy" was a mountain man with a foot long gray beard! We have no idea what he did, but he was able to move it up the hill like it was nothing. He didn't even have to use his tow truck.

When it was all said and done, it was about an hour delay---not bad. 

By the time you are reading this, I don't know yet if we have the same problem today. When I do, I'll post an update. 

You just can't get a running head-start on ice!

UPDATE:
Okay, the decision was made that I would not be driving today. Butch chopped ice yesterday, so getting the car out today was easy with a running start on dry pavement. But, the plan is to keep the car parked above the house so I wouldn't have to get the car out by myself. Well, then Butch thought better of it because the walk from the car to the house on ice might be too treacherous for me. I cannot afford another fall. My ribs have not yet healed from the last one!!

I just hope they are able to get a parking place. That's always tricky--and expensive. Plus, now that you can reserve in advance, I'm not sure there is any available. I guess I'll find out what happened when they get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.