Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Travel Tuesday

I've mentioned before that Butch and I have very opposite travel patterns. For example, I prefer to sit in the back, he prefers the front (we compromise by sitting in the middle). I like the window--he likes the aisle. That means that if it's a full flight, we have a stranger sitting in the middle. I don't want the middle and neither does he. Although, I don't mind sitting in the middle if it's family on both sides. Well, I don't like it, but I'll do it. 

Our differences actually start before we ever leave for the airport. He starts packing the day or two before the trip. Me---I might pack the night before if it's a really early flight. If not, I'll pack as I'm getting ready. I only need about 15 minutes to pack. It's pretty easy, I compile a complete outfit down to shoes, accessories and jewelry. Sometimes I'll pick one color scheme which makes it even easier. 

Of late, we have been taking Ubers. I'm always a bit skeptical as to whether we'll get a ride so early in the morning. If it were up to me, I'd call for the car extra early so as not to take any chances. After Butch orders the car via the app, he starts watching it. He'll say, "He just got on I-65 and will be here in 10 minutes." He gives me a minute by minute update. I tell him to just let me know when he's pulling in to the neighborhood! He says that it bugs him that I am not fully ready. I remind him that I am NEVER late. 

On our ski trip, he took these pictures to prove his point:
It bothers him that I am using every spare second of time. it bothers him because he doesn't think I am ready. But, I am.

Here is his proof:
So, yes, I do have to pack up. But I'm telling you, it takes me about 2 minutes to do it! I have everything gathered. It's just a matter of loading my carry-ons. I do it in a very specific way. My computer goes in first--which I still happen to be using. 

Like I said, I'm never late. But if it makes. him feel better, I won't cut it down to the wire the next time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.