Saturday, March 2, 2024

Scrapbook Saturday

On our scrapbook retreat, this was the very first time all of us AYM members were together. It was so much fun to share all of our work--especially since it is so rare.

Here are the Christmas scavenger hunt pages:
This is mine. 

Susan's

Janet's

Jeanne's

Pam's

Nancy's

Karolyn's


Next, was our first AYM layout for this year. Our theme is all about our camera roll and how a single word can connect so many photos and memories. This is probably a bigger commitment because of the number of pictures involved. It really takes some planning to narrow them down. One thing is for sure---everyone is learning new things about their camera, photos and printing them in different sizes. It's going to be a fun year!

Also, this year, everyone is using all of their own supplies. We all have tons of stuff, so I think that's a good idea.

Our first word was "Christmas Trees." Okay, I realize that's two words, but rather than just "trees" I wanted to narrow it down further. 

Starting with my layout:
When I put "Christmas trees" in my search box, I think more than two hundred photos came up. I narrowed it down to 23 for the page. Each one holds some special meaning--many of which I'd forgotten about. I decided on a grid layout. I used a marker to make the lines. For the embellishments, I pulled all kinds of trees from my Christmas collection.
I had a little card that said "O Christmas Tree" that I used as my title. As for journaling, I made little descriptive slips for each picture. Then, on the "flip-up" I told a bigger story about my favorite Christmas trees and why.

This is Janet's layout. 
Everyone is on their own for titles and style of layout. Janet also got 23 pictures on the page in all different sizes. She made a fun title for her page.

This is Jeanne's layout. She chose 15 of her favorite pictures. We laughed about her black and white one of Ronnie, the twins and me--she wasn't even born yet! Still it has a Charlie Brown pitiful tree in the background!
She used a Christmas card for her title and added the word "trees."

Nancy got 26--3x3 photos on her page.
She stitched her grid lines, added labels, and Christmas tree stickers.

Susan used a variety of sizes to include 22 pictures.
She also used a Christmas card that she made with alphabet beads for the title. 

Pam's layout holds 14 photos.

Karolyn managed to get 20 pictures on her page.
She used the sewing machine with red thread for her grid lines. There are so many options!

Our word for February is "Happy" and we all did those layouts too. I'll share those next week.

Okay, that's it for this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.