Saturday, March 30, 2024

Something for Sunday

Butch is always busy. He constantly finds things to do. This week, he decided that the plastic headlight covers on our 2011 Enclave (with well over 100,000 miles) needed cleaning. I didn't even know that was a "thing". 

He did the first one and then called me out to see it.
I guess it's something that I never really paid attention to before. I didn't realize you could see all the different stuff in there. Probably because I never paid any attention.

Then he showed me the one that wasn't clean.
Yes, I can tell it's a little cloudier. Also he had me rub my fingers over both. The clean one was a smooth as glass. This one was all rough. 

Then he showed me the products he used. He had already done this once before on Jordan's car--my old 2006 Jeep. It has over 200,000 miles and is on its last legs, but it has clean and shiny light covers!!


He has a sanding pad that he used with his drill. It did generate a lot of crud and dust. 

This is in process. He spent quite a long time on it. He's always busy. It makes him happy! He does a fabulous job keeping my car clean---actually, ALL the cars. He takes a lot of pride in them. It definitely makes me happy that he keeps mine so clean. Oh, and did I mention that he also gets my gas? Yes, I'm spoiled and I know it!

Butch needed to use my car this week. He had a board meeting in Georgia. His car is in the shop, so I "let" him take mine. I drove the Enclave--thankfully with those shiny clean headlights!

Shortly after he left, I discovered this:
It is the parking voucher from the Vanderbilt clinic where I go monthly for my Xolair treatment. I keep it tucked in to the sunglass holder of my car. I can't believe he even noticed it! My appointment was the day after he took my car. It's really not a big deal as I can get another easily. But I was just so impressed that he was so thoughtful to have noticed and then brought it in the house. 

Yeah, he takes good care of me!!







1 comment:

  1. He definitely is a wonderful, considerate husband!
    In answer to your comment on my blog - I am in England! But by coincidence there is another Deb's World blog. She is the person behind the links to the WBOYC blog posts so I always like to link back to her! Two Debs and two totally different lifestyles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.