Sunday, March 3, 2024

Something for Sunday

By the Numbers for February:

Movies seen this month: 6
    Only two of them were 5 stars: One Love and Argyle
   We left after about 45 minutes in to Zone of Interest (it was in German, so you had        
           to read the subtitles. We didn't really know what was going on--and it's up for 
           Best Picture!) 
    We also left halfway through Poor Things--another one that's up for Best Picture-
            -too weird for us--kind of on the "sick" side.

Books read:  10
    6 of them were 5 stars: 
        Just Try and Stop Me by Gregg Olsen--currently my favorite thriller author.
        The Road, by Cormac McCarthy--really good about after the apocalypse.
        The Berry Pickers, by Amanda Peters--about a child abduction.
        The Co-worker, by Frieda McFadden--another thriller recommended by my       
                 cousin, Chrissy
        Paris: the Memoir, this was an audio book read by her and so interesting. I   
                didn't really know anything about her and have never really been all that 
                interested. I really liked it.
        The Dutch House, by Ann Patchett, read by Tom Hanks. I actually already read
                 the book for book club a couple years ago. I decided to listen to it since I heard 
                Tom Hanks read it. It was so so good---he acted the book!

Last month Deb asked how I read nine books a month. Well, since I started "reading/listening" to audio books that are memoirs read by the author, I can do two books at a time. I do the audio books while I'm out walking and while playing my video game before bed. Prior to the audio books, my average was 6 books a month. It's not a contest or anything. I just have an obsession about keeping track of things.

Things I've Watched this Month: 8
    Only 5 were worth watching: 
        Netflix: 
            Beckham--documentary--even if you don't follow or know anything about            
              soccer. Loved it.
            American Nightmare--documentary--you'll remember this story.  
                Unbelievable.
            Who is Erin Carter--mini series with lots of twists.
            The Greatest Night in Pop--documentary of the making of We are the World. 
               So interesting. I loved it.
        Paramount Plus:
         The Fire that Took Her--documentary about a woman burned by her    
            boyfriend.

Scrapbook Pages Completed: 19
    13 of these were done on our retreat. 

Okay, that's it for February.
            
        
    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.