Monday, February 20, 2023

Me on Monday

So. I've been scrapbooking this past weekend. When I got home yesterday, I quickly realized that I was missing my phone. OMGosh! I left it at the cabin in Hickory, KY---right outside Paducah. I couldn't believe it. I'm not someone who does that (although, now, apparently I am). I don't lose things. In my defense, I'm always the first one up. I try not to wake the other two girls in the room by getting ready in the dark. I thought I had everything!

Now, what to do. My first thought, "I could ask the owner to mail it to me." 2nd thought, "I could pick it up on my way to St. Louis on Thursday." Those were really my only two options (in my head). Little did I know that Butch was going to suggest that we just go back and pick it up! Seriously, drive 5 hours round trip for my phone---after I just drove 2.5 hours? 

Butch suggested that instead of going back right away, we just go early this morning. I was starting to warm to that idea.

But then, I realized how dependent I am on my phone. I had a full day planned today and needed to start canceling things. That's when it dawned on me that I don't know anyone's phone numbers anymore. Luckily, I remembered that they are in my "contacts" on my computer. 

I canceled my massage appointment and lunch with a friend. About the time I finished, Butch said, "Let's just go now." I told him he didn't need to go with me--but he insisted. So, that's what we did. 

It's not at all how I saw my Sunday going. We had plans with Stephanie and Nicky that we had to cancel. Instead, we spent the entire day in the car. We got home about 4:30. 

Looking on the bright side, Butch was able to see this fabulous place we rent and all the space. It sleeps 11 people (we had 6) and is only a little over $900 for 4 days. This was our third time and we've already booked for fall. It's just about halfway between Nashville and St. Louis which makes it convenient for my sisters, Jeanne and Janet too. 

Best of all, it gave Butch and I a lot of time to "catch-up" (which really only took about 15 minutes!) When we got home, I thanked him for going with me---he missed most of the Daytona 500 and some important golf tournament. Aren't all golf tournaments important? He said, "Well, you would have done it for me!" 

He's right about that!

PS So now that I canceled everything for today, I'll spend it unpacking my scrapbook stuff, getting organized and taking pictures. 

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it scary how dependent we are on our phones? It's so convenient to have everything on there, but if you can't access it - argh!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.