Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Travel Tuesday

We were in St. Louis for a long weekend. It had been over a year since we've been there. Usually, we're there 3 or 4 times a year. 2022 was much too busy with travels to allow many extra trips. We've slowed down (fine by me) for 2023.

On the way, we stopped in Metropolis, Illinois where, you guessed it, they have capitalized on the Superman theme. We have only been here once before---well, except for that time I got the speeding ticket on I-57 and had to go to court there.

We did a little geo-caching in town. We had to take advantage of this photo op. 
We took this picture on our last trip--about 4 years ago.
I had to get a picture with Lois Lane.
Now that's a tiny cache---and yes, there's a log to sign inside. The reason we sought out Lois Lane.
We stopped by the grave of "The Bird Man of Alcatraz." He was a real person and was allowed to keep birds in one of the prisons he was in. He was in solitary confinement for 44 years! I cannot even imagine that. I don't know what his original crime was, but 44 years would make anyone go crazy.
After caching, we went to Cordavino's for lunch. We went here the last time. The food was so good, we knew we wanted to go back.
This time, we held back on our order---just the salad and two meatballs the size of tennis balls. The last time, without knowing how much food we were ordering, we got 3 meatballs, the salad and Stromboli. It was a massive amount of food.

When we got to St. Louis, it was a whirlwind as always---trying to see everyone. Butch spent time with his brother, Walter, while I visited my sister-in-law, Chris in the rehab center for a few hours---3 times! I had a two+ hour lunch with my favorite cousin, Chrissy, visited my sister, Jeanne who is laid up from toe surgery, and had a poker game at my brother, Matt's (where we stayed). He and my sister-in-law, Sharon are the best hosts! My sister-in-law, Janet came too.  On Saturday, we visited Aunt Marie's grave at St. Joseph's in Cottleville. We ate lots of good Italian food every day--nobody does it better than St. Louis--and I'll stand by that!!

We left very early on Sunday morning--3:30 a.m.--to beat the traffic. We were home in 5 hours with no stops. It's usually 6 hours with a stop and traffic. That gave us the whole day.

Butch started putting his new garage back together. Here it is Tuesday and he's just about finished! Considering it was an overwhelming, huge job, in hindsight, it wasn't so bad. Well at least I can say that because I didn't do one single thing! Pictures to come...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm going to have to put that Metropolis on our must visit list. The food looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.