Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Tuesday Thoughts About...

...mall shopping. I don't do it. Or, I should say, I rarely do it. I don't really like shopping at all anymore. Plus, I am such an impulse buyer, I'm better off staying away.

Recently, my friends were talking about all the stores that have closed in the mall. I can't really remember which ones, but they were big---and popular---or so I thought. Really, I think it's online shopping doing them in. I do most of my buying online.

A couple weeks ago, I had a return for Pottery Barn. As I was walking through the mall, I noticed all the new stores I never heard of before. Also, I noticed the Apple Store is still bustling---there are always a lot of people in there. Then I came across this store:

What the??? Psycho Bunny?? What does that even mean? And more importantly, who would want to shop in a place named that? It appears to be a clothing store of some sort. Either they sell a lot---although I didn't see a single soul in there---or they only have about 10 different items to sell. It was nearly empty of goods. I cannot imagine what the rent must be. I didn't check to see how expensive the clothes were. Just the name alone turns me completely off!

The name made me think, so I had to look it up and find out the story behind it. Really, what lunatic thought that up??

There doesn't appear to be a story behind the name. Here's their slogan:
"There are people who are classics. Then there are the classics who imagine what's possible." 

I cannot make sense of that at all! Then there's the logo:
Another quote: "Just look at our logo. It's unconventional and we're proud of it--4,000 stitches and infinite character."

Okay, well the stitching part intrigues me a bit. I looked at some of the shirts. T-shirts for $75.00 and polos at $150.00. There are some things higher and lower, but this seems to be the average. 

All I've got to say is that seems like an awful thing to do to a cute little bunny!!

As you are reading this, I am at this very mall---but not for shopping! I'm taking a Pickleball lesson with Connie and Nancy. They have a court there that is free. This is our first time, so we're trying it out. Connie said she would never play at the mall because she might see people she knows. Heck, I don't care about that. I just want to give it a try. That's all we hear about, Pickleball, Pickleball, Pickleball! I want to see what all the hubbub is about. 

I've always been pretty athletic and I am competitive. But, I'm planning to be really careful. I want to play, but I don't want to hurt myself. We'll see......oh, and Mitchell gave me a Pickleball set for Christmas. I do need to at least try it out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.