Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Travel Tuesday

Last Wednesday, we left for our fall scrapbook retreat at Kentucky Lake. Jeanne and Janet come from St. Louis while my friends and I come from Nashville and meet them there. This time it was Nancy and Pam. 

This is the least amount of stuff that I've ever brought:
Just two bags.
The one on the left was my pre-planned layouts. I only brought 11 this time because I had planned to work with everyone on the "new" Cricut. By the end of the weekend, they were all proficient with it. We all have this exact same Cricut except Jeanne, who plans to ask for it for Christmas.

The bag on the right contains all of my tools.

These two pictures, show all the "stuff"--including a power strip, extension cords, and light. There's the cutting system, paper cutters, extra cardstock, washi tape, spray paints, templates, and my basic tool kit. In addition, I bring 2 big tables, a cooler, and a tote with food plus my clothes and electronic devices. 

Pam surprised us with these cute boxes she made on her Cricut at home.

Inside were little zip locks full of a Halloween mix of peanuts and candy corn.

We stay up late and have good food. We take turns making happy hour drinks. And usually, we watch some good shows while we're scrapbooking. Not this time. We couldn't get the streaming services to work. It doesn't deter us--there's always good conversations going on.

On Saturday night, we have our AYM meeting so that Janet and Jeanne can be part of it. Usually, we also take this opportunity for "show and tell." I forgot this time. I've asked the girls to send me pictures of what the did. I'll share those on Saturday.

Janet introduced me to this Pumpkin Spice Rum Chata. It was really good. Janet insisted that I bring it home. I gave it to Stephanie who is obsessed with pumpkin-flavored things.

It is always a fun weekend and very relaxing. We've already booked our February trip and fall trip in October. Can't wait!

I'll share the layouts on Saturday.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.