Friday, October 18, 2024

Friday Frustrations

Well, I've about had it. When will I learn? I think it's time to sell. I'm done! Finished! I'm going nuts! It's driving me insane. 

What is it, you ask? My f******g sewing machine. Yes, I'm complaining again! I have managed to mess it up---yet---one more time. I just do not have the sewing "gene" in me! I have only used it once since I got it up and running the last time. And now---it's messed up---for the last time!!

Here's the story:
I decided that I was going to make a little shaker card for the month of October for my 2024 scrapbook. I had these tiny little pumpkins. The plan was to make a shaker pocket with the title card and a transparency. I used my sewing machine to make the pocket. It just about all went well...until...
...it was time to sew the top closed. Somehow I managed to "sew" on top of a tiny pumpkin. Oh well, it is what it is. After this, it went all downhill. I got cocky. I guess I was feeling invincible. I thought I might have mastered my sewing machine. I decided to make a few more pockets--maybe to share with my friends. 

I had some cellophane packaging that I thought would work. I cut it to the desired size. I switched the stitch to a simple straight stitch rather than the zigzag. I sewed it on three sides. 
And then sewed two lines in the middle so once I was finished, all I had to do was cut it down the middle. Sounds easy enough--right? Well, it started out all right.
I trimmed the threads and filled the pockets with the little pumpkins. Then I had planned to just stitch straight across the top. Suddenly I realized that if I did that, then when I cut them apart, the stitching would unravel. 
So I cut them first. 
Once I started the final sewing to seal the pockets, the trouble began. I wound up with all of these threads all over. 
I had no idea how that happened or where they came from.
Then to top it off, I learned that the stitching caused a perforation that literally just tore apart. I think all of those threads are from the stitches that didn't actually "take." 

Now my machine is all messed up again. I don't know how this is possible, but...when I pulled away all of these threads, I have this:
Instead of having just two threads coming out of the machine, there are three. I tugged on all three and they all seem to be attached--to something. I don't know what.

I've had it I tell you! I quit! But, still, I am obsessing about it. I can't stand when things don't work the way they are supposed to. It's nagging at me. It's constantly on my mind. I can't sleep for thinking about it.

There, I've let you see a little of my crazy! Over the weekend, I'm going to take one last stab at fixing it. I have no idea what I'm doing. Therein lies the problem. 

I'm at my wit's end. I really think I just need to get rid of it. I could take it to the shop for help, but that will cost $110--and I only paid 75 bucks for it brand new. I do have a couple friends who know sewing machines, but I'm not sure I want to bother them one more time. 

I think I need to let it go. 

I need to calm down. Thanks Taylor Swift---I needed that.






1 comment:

  1. I think that sewing machines really only like sewing fabric! It seems that when you work on other things it starts off ok and then the tension goes haywire, and then threads get attached to the bobbin wheel and then ... you have a good old swear and vow never to use it again! (Until the next time ;-))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.