Thursday, October 24, 2024

Ten Things Thursday

So, I'm taking a break from all of those lovely fall photos. 

1. The weather has been so beautiful that we've been able to resume our happy hours on the front porch.
As I was taking this picture, I noticed...
...that the geraniums look spectacular! They are so full and pretty. I love them and they are still going strong!

2. Stephanie and Nicky sent me this picture.
The beach is perfect at this time of year. Our favorite months are April, May, September and October. Not too hot nor too crowded. Just spectacular. They go down early and stay all day long! It's good to see that Nicky hasn't destroyed this cooler. He has a problem with them! Ha!

3. Matt sent me this picture.
My siblings: Matt, Jennifer and Janice. J & J are the twins but Matt and Janice look more like the twins in this picture. They don't color their hair.

4. My friend, Grenville, recommended this book. 
I had no idea that it is a huge comic book! Like 500 pages. I've barely started it, but it's definitely interesting. And very timely--given our upcoming election.

5. My brother, Matt sent me these pictures. 


He is quite the fisherman with a secret recipe for trout bait. He shared it with "the boys--Olly and Robbie" on our family vacation. They are also having much success with it!! Apparently, Matt and "the boys" are BFF's now! I love it. Matt's a sweetheart!

6. Another beach shot!
My friend, Diane! Everyone loves the beach at this time of year!
They bring their friends with them every year: from left, Grenville, Diane, Dave and Lyn. They are like Steph and Nicky--they go out in the morning and stay the whole day. Me, not so much. I'll do a few hours in the morning--okay, 2 and then hit the pool all afternoon!

7. So, on Tuesday, Nancy and I did our annual fall 6.5 mile hike. This is us at the end. I meant to take a picture before we started.
We go from her house to West Nashville, have lunch and then hike back. It's always so much fun. We do it in the fall and the spring before it's too hot or too cold. It's fun and strenuous. If we did it too often, it wouldn't be as much fun. It would just be work!

8. Well, I finally finished this pumpkin topiary needlepoint.
I've already done this one before. It was fun the first time--I gave that one to Sandy. And it was fun this time. It probably took me 6 months because I didn't work on it constantly. It could easily be completed in a month. I've taken it for framing and can't wait to get it back. It's spectacular. Here's the first one framed:
It's still one of my most favorite pieces. 

9. Morgan sent me this picture of her "boys"!
This is so darn cute: Joey, the middle boy, Marshall, in front, the baby and Finn in back the big brother! I just love that they all love to hang out together! How cute is that? Now that's a family picture--perfect for a Christmas card!

10. And finally...
I exercised my 19th Amendment right (women's right to vote)! It has never been more important than this year. 

That's it for this week. Next week, we'll be back to some beautiful fall photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.