Monday, October 7, 2024

Me on Monday

You already know about my relationship with tea. Yeah, I love it! And, I love tea foods. 

Well, my friend, Diane from Nottingham made this tea for our book club meeting. Or rather, I should say, she's made this tea "for me" EVERY time she has hosted book club since she joined--more than 10 years ago! 

There are--like--a kazillion things here! All hand made! So. much. WORK!




I love the British flag plates and napkins. I always take a napkin home to use in my scrapbook.
Those scones with the clotted cream (or Devonshire cream--same thing) and strawberry preserves are my most favorite. I could have just those and be happy. I had two of them! (And probably one of everything else.) Oh my! Can you spell g*l*u*t*t*o*n???
It's too much! For me? Really too much. 

She tells me that she makes it for me. Now think about that. She makes ALL of this---from scratch---for me! For me! That makes me feel so special! 

I wouldn't do it!

Now, don't get me wrong. I LOVE my friends, but this is soooo much work! I wouldn't do it for them! I'm all about ease and convenience. I love that Diane goes to all this trouble for me, but it really is too much. I keep telling her to stop, but she doesn't. I guess, I'll stop worrying about that and just be happy that she does! 

On the other hand, if I have her here for tea, this is what it will be:
One simple, tiered tray, with ALL store-bought--really good, but store bought! And, of course, English tea served in my English teapots! Loose--no bags!
From the top: frosted sugar cookies, strawberries, schones, lemon-poppyseem muffins, pimento cheese and chicken salad sandwiches. All storebought. I don't feel bad about that. It's good. Trust me.
This was my coronation tea for the family: from front--clockwise around: blueberry scones--storebought, poppyseed bread--Puffy Muffin, toffee chip cookies--Puffy Muffin, Devonshire cream--Puffy Muffin, coronatin plates and napkins--Amazon, broccoli, ham & cheese quiche--Puffy Muffin, spinach cheese quiche--Puffy Muffin, cranberry orange congealed salad (or as we say in the Mid-west--jello salad)--Puffy Muffin, pimento cheese sandwiches--The Picnic, chicken salad sandwiches--The Picnic, grapes--storebought (duh, I can't make grapes anyway). 

See what I mean? Good food, but super simple. Still, I love that Diane goes to so much trouble. Maybe next time, I should at least offer to go over and help her. Or, maybe not. 

We'll see how good of a friend I am to her!!



1 comment:

  1. Now that is someone who truly understands what an English afternoon tea should include! It all looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.