Monday, July 15, 2024

Me on Monday

You might recall my love/hate relationship with Target. Well, I try to stay away. In fact, other than running in twice while with someone so I didn't have time to browse, I have not been to Target since last Christmas. Remember? I ran in for wrapping paper and came away with a few hundred dollars worth of impulse buys---only to find when I got home that the wrapping paper I bought wouldn't stick with tape! 

Well, on Friday, I had a date with my high school friend, Cathy. We were meeting in the Target parking lot and going downtown for lunch. That got me to thinking. "I think I'll go early and allow myself an hour of impulse buying. I was actually kind of excited. Butch asked where I was going. I said that I was running errands before meeting Cathy. I didn't say what my errands were other than to correct myself and say, "Well, only one errand."

Of I went. It's hot--really hot here--nearing 100. I got inside the cool store and was in no hurry to leave. I started browsing. Now, everyone is complaining about how expensive everything is these days: groceries, restaurants, fast food, etc. But, you can usually always rely on Target for good prices. Apparently, not anymore! 

Here are a few things I wasn't even tempted to buy:
I thought this suit was pretty darn cute. That is, until I looked at the price!
What? 70 bucks? For crying out loud, this is Target! I moved on.

I thought this was a cute one too. 
But $60? Yes, I know swimsuits are expensive--over $100. But I'm not paying those kinds of prices at Target. Don't get me wrong. I did find some cheaper ones--in the $45 range, but those were the ugly ones!

I skipped the swimsuits and moved on
Legos is making things for adults now. I bought something like this for Victoria for Christmas.
You would think they would be cheaper at Target, but not so.

Okay, these are cheap--$10.00. But since when do kids need a cushion to sit on the floor while their teacher reads to them? I'm telling you---kids are too soft these days! Expecting them to sleep on the floor at granny's---fuhgeddaboutit.

This falls in the "I had no idea" department!
FRESH dog food? Are you kidding me? Even dogs are soft. What was wrong with the food in the bag or (yuck) the stuff in the cans (nasty)?
Wow! That's expensive! I guess dogs eat like kings now.

I was only able to resist this because I do not like to color. I can't seem to stay within the lines! But then there was this:
Oh I was definitely tempted. There's nothing I like more than bombarding Butch with facts about Taylor Swift. Like--Did you know she spent 55 million dollars in bonuses for EVERYONE in her organization? Or that she donated enough money to cover the food bills for an entire year across 11 food banks and 8 community pantries in Liverpool alone. She has done this for every city she's toured in. And then this:

Well, I was informed that the picture didn't come through. It was on my end, but it's not there now. I tried to fix it, but can't get it to load. Anyway, it was a sweet thank you note in her handwriting. That's gotta' be worth something!


The fact that she "hand-wrote" her notes--this one to her truck drivers. You know they can even sell this for some bucks. Butch begs me to stop!! So I will!

More goodies that sound good.
I resisted and didn't get anything.

This is the only thing I came away with. I like Fever Tree tonic. I've had their lemon tonic before, but have never seen lemonade flavored.
I thought it would be good with my Sipsmith Lemon Gin that my friends from England bring me. It wasn't. I'll try it again and maybe add some sugar or something. 

So my single purchase is kind of a bust. See what happens when I have time on my hands? I should have been at Connie's, but since we finished on Thursday, I had time to kill. Target's a good place to do it. I was able to restrain myself this time, but who knows what will happen next. I don't intend to find out anytime soon. I got my Target fix for another 6 months.

Lest you think this sounds like a "What I Buy Wednesday" post, it's not. I have something else for then! This is "Me on Monday" and my unhealthy relationship with Target!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.