Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Travel Tuesday

Over the 4th of July, Stephanie and Nicky were at the beach:
They sent us this picture of them enjoying themselves. They like to sit on the beach ALL day! Good for them. I'm glad they had a good time. 

Justin had to work and Mitchell was studying to take the GRE exam to get into graduate school. That just left Butch, Mindy and me for an adventure. 

We took off around 9 a.m. for an Adventure Lab (in geo-caching, it's a multi cache hunt) on the Natchez Trace Parkway. That's it above us in the picture.
Butch had many historical and educational stops lined up--the reason we like geo-caching--we always learn something. While we were out that way, my friend, Nancy, who lives in Leipers Fork, texted about a sight to see in her neck of the woods. Since, coincidentally, we were very near there, we stopped.
The farmer who owns this land has an American flag on every fencepost for a mile and a half. 
It was a sight to behold. As far as the eye can see. Quite moving--I'm so glad we saw it on the 4th of July.

We made our way to the town square in Columbia, TN for lunch at Puckett's. We had classic American food. Butch had a catfish platter while Mindy and I shared the Chicken Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes white gravy and green beans. Delish!
It was a really fun way to spend the 4th. Everyone had on their red, white and blue. You can't really see them, but my earrings are boxes of popcorn. Short of a US flag, I can't think of anything more American! 

Oh, and then we made our way to Spring Hill, TN for Andy's Frozen Custard--a little taste of home--as frozen custard was "invented" in St. Louis. I've had this on my list to surprise Butch for quite awhile. It was the perfect ending to our trip. 

I am reminded of all the very fun 4th of Julys we had growing up. It was always a big deal--barbecue with all the sides and fireworks. It was always so much fun. Now more than ever before, I'm grateful for our freedoms and everything we get to enjoy here in the good 'ol US of A.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.