Sunday, July 21, 2024

Something for Sunday


Tuesday night, we went to the New Kids on the Block concert. Sandy even came in town for it. I love having all of my girls together. The concert was great! This was my 5th NKOTB concert. I think it is going to be my last. Don't get me wrong, I'll keep going to concerts, but I really only have a few more on my list: Chris Stapleton, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert (and maybe Dolly)! I've been fortunate to see most of the major groups/stars that I've wanted to see. I hate that I missed Pavarotti (years ago) and Taylor Swift. But other than that, I have seen so many wonderful artists: The Rolling Stones (twice), Elton John (twice), Pink, Kenny Rogers, Air Supply, Diana Ross, Bon Jovi, Brooks and Dunn, Garth Brooks (three times), George Strait, Carrie Underwood, Little Big Town, Willie Nelson, Kid Rock (twice), Air Supply, The Beach Boys (twice), The Temptations, The 4 Tops, Smokey Robinson, Peter Frampton, Felix Cavelieri of The Rascals, Shania Twain--that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I do love live music. 


We have a pool party every week. This was the week before last. This past week, when Sandy was here, there were nine of us. We have lunch at the pool. Everyone takes a turn. It's always so much fun--not to mention refreshing in this heat.

So, my sil, Janet was here two weeks ago. She showed me this picture of the winner of a 5K. I was so surprised that little Josie was the winner! Her sister, Evie came in 2nd. I was thrilled for her that she beat her big sister. Every year at Camp Aunt Barb, she gets herself worked up when she can't quite keep up with the big kids. What an ego boost for her! Plus, she earned it by training with her mother. She even beat her dad. Okay, he probably did the dad thing and let her cross first! Good for her. She just might decide to keep it up. I hope she does. 

About a week ago, Jordan and Robbie and Morgan and Olly met up at the Grand Canyon for hiking and camping. They meet at a different national park each year. I love that and am impressed that they are so outdoorsy!

When Janet was here, I planned a night in Franklin, TN to have dinner and go to The Stable Reserve for their songwriter's night. It's so much fun. The Stable Reserve is an old building that housed the original "paid parking" dating back to the 1800's as people dropped off their horses and buggies at this stable while they shopped Main Street. This was my second time going. It's really a lot of fun and the music is so good.

A bunch of random stuff, but worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.