Wednesday, October 25, 2023

What I Buy Wednesday

Well, I guess I'll start with this:
This is Butch's purchase---a new garbage disposal. Matt called from the beach to say we needed a new one. When we arrived, he helped Butch install it. I didn't take any pictures of that. This is what I refer to as "un-fun" money to spend. At least they saved us the plumber's service call!

And then, Sharon and I went shopping. I bought more of what I do not need. But, it's always fun to get some new things!! Plus at 40% off the entire store, who could resist?
5 tops--2 blouses, 3 knits. I like sparkly things and 3 of these are shiny. I also got a new pair of black slacks. When I find something that works for this height-challenged girl, I stick with it. I know exactly what size I need from Talbot. Plus, after a while, I just need a new pair. 

Yesterday, my friends and I walked to West Nashville to browse a few shops and have lunch. I didn't really browse any shops because I didn't want to have to carry anything--and I am such an impulse buyer! I'm better off staying out of the stores. So, I didn't buy anything. That wasn't the purpose of the trip anyway. It was all about the walk there--7.75 miles round trip. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. We had a lot of fun even though a couple of the "old gals" had a few knee problems. I hope this didn't cause them too much extra pain! We'll see. We're planning to do this twice a year--once in spring and once in fall when the weather is nice and not too hot. It would be brutal during a Nashville summer!

Christmas gifts are rolling in, so I can't really share them. I need to hold off ordering anything else for the next couple of weeks. I can't have packages arriving when we are in Cancun for a week for the wedding. There won't be anyone here to retrieve them. Have you started your Christmas shopping?

Okay, that's it for today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.