Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Tuesday Thoughts about...

...mosquitoes. I hate 'em! 

This post could qualify for a "Friday Frustration!" But, I've been thinking a lot about them. It all started on Saturday morning when I was upstairs in my scrapbook room. I was eaten alive by a mosquito. I only saw it once but wasn't able to get it.

Then on Sunday, it ate on me some more. Same thing on Monday. Now I realize this could also be a Monday Mystery. How in the heck did it get all the way upstairs? I never have the doors or windows open up there.

Anyway, since I'm wondering how long I'm going to be mosquito food, I decided to see how long they live. For some reason, I thought it was like 3 days. But no, it's much longer. Female mosquitoes can live up to 2 to 3 weeks. Yeah, you might think they would starve. But I guess that since it is feasting on me every day, It might live the full three weeks! Some females can live 100 days or even in garages or attics for 6 months! That will be my luck. The atmosphere in my house is much nicer than the garage or attic! In fact, I'd venture to say that this one thinks it's on vacation!

Male mosquitoes die off much quicker, but I have a female mosquito. "Barb, how do you know that?"  You ask! Because only the females bite. 

Yeah, just my luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.