Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Travel Tuesday

So, last week, we were at the beach with my brother, Matt, and my sil, Sharon. The weather was perfect except for one really windy day on the beach. Sharon got this sunset shot the day we arrived:
Pictures can never do the sunsets and sunrises justice, but this is the first time that someone got a shot of a purplish sky. I just love it. If I had a spot for it, I'd have this one blown up and framed!

We ate good food and spent time on the beach. 
Matt and I enjoying a little talk time on the beach.
Matt and Sharon at the pool. I did some pool time too, but not at the "back" pool where they are. I stayed at "our" pool which is close to our condo. It was pretty quiet as fall breaks are over and it's now considered "off-season." 

Sharon and I did a little shopping on Thursday and then did the "wine walk" which happens on the 3rd Thursday of each month at our resort. It's $25. They give you a wine glass and a card with about 10-12 locations for you to stop, have a glass of wine, and some food. It's from 5-7, so you have two hours to get your card initialed from each stop. Then your card goes into a drawing for 25 door prizes. We didn't win anything this time, but when Butch and I were with Mindy, she won an autographed child's book with artful sea creatures throughout. 

Butch and I left on Saturday morning for Atlanta and Sandy and Greg's house. We had plans to go to the George Strait, Carrie Underwood, Willie Nelson, and Little Big Town concert. It was amazing! The concert lasted 6 1/2 hours, but it really went by fast. There were only 15-20 minutes between acts--which surprisingly was enough time to use the restroom AND get in line for food and beverages. We had such a good time. All of the entertainers were so good. But I have to give props to Willie! The guy is 90 years old!! He's been performing regularly for 68 years! That's incredible. He walks unaided albeit a little slow. 
His guitar looks like it's the only one he's ever used. You can see the hole where his fingers and pick have rubbed over all these years. My pictures are pretty bad because I had to take them of the Jumbotron. My favorite Willie Nelson song is "You Were Always on My Mind!"

On Sunday morning, we spent some time with Sandy, Greg, and Elizabeth before heading home. We barely got there before Matt and Sharon arrived on their way back from the beach. Butch and Matt watched football. Sharon had to put up with me trying to get all of my Sunday things done to get ready for the upcoming week: laundry, emails, blog posts, and photo editing. I just did a charcuterie for dinner. 

Whew! That's a lot of traveling. It's all fun, but it's hard to believe that all that leisure time can be so tiring! Butch is really active, but when he just sits around---which he's not good at---it really tires him out! Me, not so much. I never finish all of the things I would like to. 

Two weeks and we're off to Cancun for Morgan's wedding. It'll be here before we know it. I don't know what Butch is going to do for a whole week. As for me, I'll be doing more relaxing in the sun with music, books, magazines, and podcasts. Oh, and my photos---always the photos. I spend a lot of time keeping them perfectly organized. That's what it takes. I just hope I have time for everything I have planned!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.