Saturday, October 7, 2023

Scrapbook Saturday

It's been a busy few days. On Wednesday, Sandy came in town to go to a Bon Jovi tribute band performance. She, Stephanie, Mindy and I went to see Bon Jovi at his concert here in Nashville last spring.  I realize that I am influenced by the behavior of musical artists almost before their music. I love that Bon Jovi is still married to his high school sweetheart. And, he started Soul Kitchen in NYC to feed people. You can eat at the restaurant and just pay what you can afford. 

Anyway, when I heard about the tribute band--Slipper When Wet, I put it out to the girls. Steph declined because she was going to be out-of-town with Nicky, visiting Jordan and Robbie. Mindy declined because it was a work night and didn't start until 8 p.m. I never dreamed Sandy would come in! That made me so happy--plus we don't often get one-on-one time together. 

This theater has cabaret-style seating. I bought a table of four right in the front. Unbeknownst to Sandy, I had invited Mitchell and Emily as a surprise. We had dinner together before the show. The band has been doing this for 20 years and really did a good job. It was a really fun evening.

On Friday, Sandy and I planned to meet Mitchell for lunch. We decided to stop at Walmart to see if they had their Christmas stuff out. They had some, but not really what we were looking for. Still, I managed to find some Christmas gifts. 



After lunch, we had a relaxing afternoon until Sandy left to meet up with Mitchell and Emily for dinner. Matt and Sharon arrive about an hour before I had to leave. They were on their way to the beach. I left at 5 to pick up my friends for dinner an a one-man performant of Churchill at the theater. It was very good. I got home about 10:30 were, Sandy, Matt and Sharon were still up. We hung out for about an hour. 

They all left on Friday. I had the day to myself and spent some time making some Christmas tags to be used in my scrapbooking. They were the result of the re-organizing I did of all of my Christmas scrapbooking supplies.
I made 45 of them. They turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself!!

Today, I'm going to be making a Christmas page and will pick one or two to use. 

PS
Got her! After eating on me for several days, I finally got her!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.