Wednesday, September 13, 2023

What I Buy Wednesday!

I'm starting to be so confused about the days and time. Please tell me it's Wednesday there!!

I really am falling behind and haven't even told you what we did Monday or Tuesday, so I'm just going to make that brief.

Monday
We had a fun day visiting Newstead Abbey. We were not able to see the house because it was closed on Monday. Still, we walked the entire garden. Beautiful.

From there we went to Southwell to browse the town, have lunch and visit the Minster---name for a Church of England. 

That evening, we went to our friend and fellow book club member, Nina's in Havringsham. She has a lovely home and pretty garden. She and her husband made us a buffet dinner with ham, salmon, beef, shrimp, Cole slaw, salad, tomatoes in balsamic, and fruit pie with custard and a meringue, strawberry and raspberry confection. 

After dinner, we had our book club discussion which was lively as always. 

Tuesday
This morning, our driver picked us up in Nottingham and took us to London. When we arrived, we went to Covent Gardens for lunch. Afterward, I took Pam to The Tower while the other girls went to Churchill’s War Rooms. I introduced Pam to her first tube ride. We went from The Tower to Piccadilly to meet up at The Wolseley for tea. It was fabulous! It was between Fortnum and Mason and the Ritz. 

Turns out, Uber is actually cheaper than the tube, but since we had such a long time in traffic today, I decided the tube was the way to go to get us back to Picadilly. We had a little time for some shopping, so here it is: What I Buy Wednesday.

I got my souvenir! I’m so excited!
It’s the Coronation Tea Pot. It’s beautiful. I think when I get home, I’m going to invite Diane and the girls for a tea at my house!
Also, I got a cute umbrella—it sprinkled a bit, but nothing that held us back.

I wore my new bracelet today that I bought yesterday in Southwell—they matched the earrings that I brought from home. They are freshwater pearls from northeastern England.

Tomorrow, I’m going to buy a pair of Anne Boleyn earrings. They are perfect because they have the “B” which also stands for Barb! 

I'm pretty sure that I'll be buying a few more things to share with you next Wednesday! I do believe I could be perfectly happy living here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.