Sunday, September 24, 2023

Something for Sunday

Well, it's been a busy weekend. Sandy and Greg came in on Wednesday. On Thursday Sandy and I went to lunch and a movie---A Haunting in Venice (Agatha Christie). I really can't tell you if it was good or not. I slept through the whole thing! I always say, "make me sit still--especially in the dark, and I'll be sleeping!" Thank goodness my friends and I have the Regal Unlimited pass. I'll be seeing this movie again on Monday with Nancy. I'll remember to take my Vivarin to keep me awake!

Anyway, Sandy and I had some great one-on-one time together. That's pretty rare, so I cherish it! We never run out of things to talk about. Thursday night, She and Greg had dinner with Mitchell and Emily---and were meeting Emily's parents for the first time. They went to a new Italian restaurant in The Gulch (near downtown). The food was delicious and they had a good time before Mitchell and Greg went to the Dave Chapelle show at Bridgestone.

On Friday, Sandy and I sat out at the pool. It was hot enough, but the bugs were annoying. We were out there for about an hour but decided to just go in and watch a movie.

That evening, Greg and Sandy were spending it with Mitchell and Emily while Stephanie, Mindy and I, went to the P!NK concert. 

We were a little hesitant as it was at the same venue as the Shania Twain concert in June which was terrible. The sound was horrible and Shania just wasn't very good. We ended up leaving early. 

Well, this concert was fabulous! P!NK is amazing with her athletic ability, showmanship, energy, and great voice. The two-hour show zoomed by so fast!
She started the show with some acrobatics while singing. But in this picture---this was how she ended the show. She literally flew all around the stadium. She flew over our heads 4 or 5 times. It was amazing and so much fun to see. I kept thinking that it must be really fun for her too. Steph said she didn't know how she could do all of that spinning and singing upside down---as she would have been so dizzy. Actually, I got dizzy just watching her. 
I remember her doing an interview where she said that she actually liked how she sounded while singing upside down. I'm sure it would feel different too.
We all liked how down-to-earth she is.
The only thing that disappointed me was that she didn't sing her duet song with Chris Stapleton--Love Me Anyway. I was certain that he was going to be a surprise guest. Here in Nashville, it's not unusual for a major star to make a surprise appearance (in this case, the surprise appearance was the Lumineres--but I was just sure Chris Stapleton was going to show up). He must be touring. Still, I wanted to hear that song. Since I was so sure it would be the finale, we stayed too long! We were stuck in the thousands of people trying to get out. This stadium was poorly planned. Even Stephanie noted that if there had been a fire, we'd all be dead! Only two sets of stairs to get 17,000 people out. Ultimately, they opened a third set which happened to be near us. I forgot to mention that I had my sunglasses on since I'd forgotten my regular glasses in the car. I needed to wear them for the whole concert or I wouldn't have been able to see anything. When we were finally exiting, some stranger lady took my elbow and "guided" me to the stairs. I was puzzled and then realized that with my sunglasses on at 11 p.m. she must have thought I was blind!!! Anyway, that was a sweet gesture! 

Once we got to our car, we were stuck in the stopped traffic. To make a long story short, it took us an hour to get to Stephanie's--about 3 miles away! Still, it was a great evening. One good thing about the wait, I pulled up the duet of Love Me Anyway for Stephanie and Mindy to hear.

Then, yesterday morning, Sandy and I picked up Stephanie for "Mistletoe Merchants" in Lebanon, TN. (Mindy was busy with her sister-in-law from out-of-town.) Steph, Mindy and I had done this 5 years ago--as Facebook reminded me. It's sort of like Christmas Village, but way smaller. We had a lot of fun with our Mimosas & Muffins early-bird passes. I got several Christmas presents. It was fun and festive, but it's kind of hard to start thinking Christmas and listening to Christmas music in September!

We had lunch at Olive Garden to end our outing. When we got home, Sandy and Greg headed back to Atlanta. 

The weekend went by way too fast. But, it's only going to be a week and a half before Sandy is back to go to a Bon Jovi tribute band concert. I'm looking forward to more one-on-one time with her. She'll always be my baby!!







1 comment:

  1. You really have such a great relationship with your girls - you get to do so much fun stuff together. The Pink concert looks amazing - how on earth could she sing while upside down and swinging around the heads of the audience?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.