Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Travel Tuesday

When we got home from England a week ago, we had a few surprises in the mail.
Jordan and Robbie sent a thank-you gift for our family vacation. What I especially loved about this is that it was Robbie who packed and mailed it!! I love that guy!! He's the tall one in the back, there on the left. This picture is the result of Olly's (on the left) "pit" at our last dinner. On the last night of any trip, we always do "peak and pit" where everyone names their favorite thing of the trip and their least favorite thing. Olly said his "pit" was that we did not get a family picture. We tried many times, but it seemed that there were always a few that weren't around. We got this one back at the hotel after dinner! Talk about waiting until the last minute!! Gotta' love those boys who really seem to care about the family!

This wasn't in the mail, but rather hand-delivered to Butch. Who doesn't love an invitation waiting for you when you get home from traveling?
The littles across the street are having a talent show. They are too little to have made this nice of a flyer. Surely their mother had a hand in it! I'm deducing she was a cheerleader in her teen years. I recognize all those "cheerleader-y" details in the artwork! Anyway, I told Butch that "we're going!" He says "no." We'll see! I probably can't convince him, but I might have to pull out the big guns. I'll be going for sure. I think it's so cute and I'm happy to have been invited. Butch said the little girl told him to bring lots of money!! I will!

And then our mail was full of these:
Eleven travel brochures! I guess that's what happens when you travel a lot. But what I don't understand is why would the travel company you use---sell or give your information to competitors? I've decided that I"m going to save all of the brochures for a month to see how many there are. What a waste of money and TREES! We don't even look at them. Straight to recycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.