Saturday, September 2, 2023

Scrapbook Saturday

1. Our girls trip to New York. This was the first time that I took the "grands." 
It was really fun for me too since Sandy and Stephanie did all the planning. They send us all gift bags and those who could not be with us, joined us via zoom. The taxi is actually the gift bag they presented us with. It included the adorable brochure that Stephanie put together with the itinerary with all the NYC icons. This was a fun layout to put together. We are traveling so much these days, that I've become quite the expert at getting the most out of a double-page spread!

This is what's under the flap when opened.

2. I was really excited to do this layout to include all of the different states that I've gone to scrapbook with family and friends. 
When I finished, I sent it to my friend, Pam. She reminded me of a couple places I forgot to include. Darn! Well, I couldn't just leave it, I had to fix it. So, here's the updated version.
I added the two little cards on both sides of the title. Then, I thought of another place that I had forgotten. Then, Pam reminded me of a couple other places. How it the world could I have forgotten so many? Now this really posed a problem as there is no room for another thing. Plus, I had already put the pages in the album with the page protectors over the top. I had done that before I put the other two updates on. But I was able to just slide it under the page protector. Now what was I going to do? I came up with this:
I still did not want to have to take the album apart to fix it. So, I did the only thing I could think of--I added a little fold-out.

3. Our AYM question this month was: "What are your school memories?"




Janet is always good about sending me her layout to share with the group, but she missed it by one day this time. At least by posting it here, a few will see it.

4. Here's my layout and answer to that question.



5. This was our round robin this month. I did Nancy's page:
The title is a download I purchased for my Cricut. I just love it so much that I'm going to use it for a layout of my own. 

I did Nancy's layout and she did mine. I love the papers she used. I love doing the round robin layouts. It's fun to do a layout for someone else.

It's been a very productive week for me in the scrapbook department. I did a lot of cleaning out and organizing. I threw out a lot of pictures. Yes, you heard that right. I've decided that I need to be a little more discerning in the pictures I'm going to scrapbook. I have way more ideas than I will ever have the time to complete. We have our retreat coming up in October. Since I'm going to be gone the next two weeks, I've already gotten all of my layouts planned and packed up. I can't wait!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.