Monday, March 25, 2019

Monday Mystery...

So, the new dishwasher was installed on Friday. The instruction booklet was caaarraaazzzeeee and totally a mystery!

First of all, it wasn't a booklet at all. It was this giant thing folded up like it was a booklet, but didn't open like a booklet. It was stapled in the middle. I pulled it apart. There's no easy way to figure out how to read the darn thing.
 If you were going to open it like a book, here's where it started. Makes no sense.
This actually looks like it should be page 1. And it is, but it opens to the right---not like a booklet at all.
  Here it is all opened up---8 pages---front and back. This side is all the different languages.
This is the English side. So, I decided to figure out how to fold this in such a way so that I can read it and have it make sense. Nope, wasn't going to happen.
 If you look really close, the pages go 1, 2 at the top and then 3, 4 are directly underneath. 5, 6 is across from page 2 with 7 and 8 below that. So now you can see I'm not exaggerating. So confusing to read!

So, even though the "booklet" was a mystery, another mystery was solved! You might recall a conversation we had about loading the silverware in the dishwasher. If not, you can read about it here.

Well, the mystery is solved. There is a diagram in the booklet on how to load the silverware.
Everything but the knives are right side up!!

In fact, there were two more diagrams about how to load the whole thing.
Okay, I get it. I've loaded a lot of dishwashers. It's not rocket science. But apparently, it is because then I saw this:
Eureka! Additional loading patterns are available online!! I never knew!! Seriously, I need to check that out!

Who knew there was so much to learn about a dishwasher. Butch helped me figure out how to add the sample rinse aid---which the instructions say is necessary. I hadn't finished reading all of the instructions before I needed to run it, so, I "winged" it the first time---just loaded it and turned it on. OMGosh! It worked perfectly. Shucks, I might not bother reading the rest of the instructions---it's too much! Plus, it will take forever figuring out how to read the darn thing anyway! That remains a mystery.


3 comments:

  1. Everyone has their own method of stacking a dishwasher - I'm a 'put as much as you can in, as fast as you can and switch it on' kind of person. However, my husband seems to enjoy finding more methodical ways of stacking it in after I've finished my way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously those instructions are for people like my husband, who doesn't catch onto the way I have loaded the dishwasher for years. He seems to think that dishes will get cleaner if you put fewer in. Well that is not the case if you put fewer in, but put them in badly. Still, I don't complain (at least to him). We go several meals before having to run it, so I can always make last minute adjustments. I am just happy that he helps clear the table after meals, and hope that one day he will suddenly "get it." But I doubt he'd ever read that many instructions either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have the manual to our new (5 month old) dishwasher on my desk ... keep thinking I'll look at it, but since the dishwasher is working fine I haven't found the time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.