Thursday, March 7, 2019

Food and Beverages

The food was fabulous! We certainly enjoyed it all.
 This was some sort of shrimp on black rice and spinach.
 Several of the girls got this lobster dish.
 This was some sort of fish on green beans with a mango salsa.
 This was the surf and turf one night. Shrimp and short ribs.
 I had a salad just about every day. They had so many choices and then you added to them: Cobb, asian, caesar, etc.
 On display at the fancy restaurant.
 The dishes were so cute there. No food on these plates yet, just the pictures.
 Most of us got the king crab legs. Mmmmm.
 After dinner, the chef sent out some truffles---after we had dessert! Had we known, we'd have skipped the dessert. Also, they had the most awesome bread pudding! The sauce was delicious. I could have had it every day, but I didn't. I ended up only getting it once. I kept forgetting, or was too full.
 They had an extensive bar menu with all kinds of exotic drinks.
 I don't remember what this was, but it was my second drink of the cruise. The first was a Bloody Mary at the pool.
 Baileys and hot chocolate---my guilty pleasure. I have to admit. I had 3 of them over the course of the week. I easily could have had 2 every day!! At home I only allow myself one a week.
 I had a vanilla shake with a burger I split with one of the girls. Then Joyce told me about this alcoholic drink. I ordered it. It looked pretty, but was awful!! One sip and I could tell it had kaluha. I don't like coffee.
 Strawberry daiquiri and Pina cold mix. I ordered a BBC (Bailys, banana and colada) but it wasn't very good so I never ordered another.
I don't even remember what this drink was. I got to the point that I just picked them if they were pretty.

By the second day, I was about "drinked out!" I'm not a regular drinker, so I had probably in one week what I normally drink in a whole year. I did discover two new things that I loved: a grapefruit cosmopolitain--it was pink and a dirty martini with gin. I tried the vodka one, but liked the gin better. Now I have to figure out how to make it.
On our tour of Puerta Plata, this is the lunch they served us. It was gross and pretty tasteless. Chicken with the bones, rice, potatoes, and plantains. The avocado was on the table to put on top. Didn't help.
 One of my favorite things was the room service. We did that for breakfast several days. Jennifer and I ordered cereal. When the tray came, I said, "OMGosh, they sent us someone else's meal." Then I opened it.
 Oh yeah, I forgot that I had ordered a banana.
This was Janice with a triple tequila shot. I thought you were supposed to get the headache AFTER you had the drink. Oh, that's right she did!
And this was all of us after a night of hard drinking!! Jeanne got this shot. We have no idea how that happened, but it seems appropriate.

While we were having amazing food, Butch and Walter were not so lucky. Butch said that the food wasn't all that good. In fact, the best thing they had was pizza. But then they did have to try this expensive delicacy.

 Can you figure out what it is? It's a guinea pig!
They raise them for eating. I guess it's like us with lobsters. You pick out the one you want. Not really.
Butch tried a teeny bite and didn't like it. He said they don't eat much protein. They don't eat much beef or chicken either. I guess rodents are more prevalent. Now I believe in trying everything, but I don't think I could do it!

Well, that's my report on the food. 

3 comments:

  1. Those plates are so pretty! I think I like the look of your food and drink much more than Butch's local cuisine! That group photo is hilarious - how on earth did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you were well fed and had plenty of liquid refreshments. I do feel bad for the fellas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hii,

    i have read many of your recepies , and they were amazing …. the best part of ur recepies are they are working for me ….

    thanks for sharing such a delicious list with us….

    keep posting
    cheers……

    write for us

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.