Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Travel Tuesday....

...in reverse! By that I mean that we had visitors travel to us this week.

Janet brought two of "the littles" for spring break. We had a lot of fun, but I have to admit, by the time they left, I was exhausted. I know I always say that, but it's the truth. I'm used to a quiet life. I'm not used to the noise of running feet and loud voices. They require a lot of attention. Of course, I had plenty of things planned.

They arrived on Wednesday. We went to the club for family night where they were serving breakfast for dinner. We all loved it. Evie even had 4 fried eggs!! She eats a lot! Josie too. You would never know by their diminutive size. Going for breakfast was a good thing because Butch doesn't like breakfast for dinner. This was my chance since he was out-of-town for the night.

On Thursday, we took the girls to the Dollar Store where I let them each buy 5 things. That kills a lot of time! Then it was Chuckee Cheese for lunch. Since it's been about 20 years since I've been there, I checked the internet to make sure it was still a "thing." The pizza was really good. And for just $10.00 each, the girls got to play games for at least 45 minutes. I was surprised at that. They had nearly 300 tickets that bought them stupid crap. It didn't matter since they had already bought other stupid crap at the dollar store.

We went to the movie to see Wonder Park. It was okay. Typical kids movie. Home to games and crafts. Grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner. Watching Tarzan until bed finished the day.

Friday was gorgeous. As soon as the dishwasher installers left, we headed out. Breakfast was at the Pfunky Griddle where you cook your own breakfast. That's always a big hit. Evie fried herself a couple more eggs.

Next on the list was the zoo. And boy, was it crowded. This was the Disney-like line to get in (except it wasn't Disney).
It was spring break here too. And a gorgeous day. I can't believe how expensive it is---$18.00 for adults (seniors--$16.00) and $13.00 for kids. Plus they charge you $7.00 to park. We're used to the St. Louis Zoo---which---I'm going out on a limb here---is by far the BEST zoo in the world!!! I've been to many including the San Diego zoo. Plus, the best part about the St. Louis Zoo?  It's FREE! Yep, totally free! That leaves plenty of money for snacks and souvenirs.


Our Nashville zoo is respectable, but I'm not sure it's worth that much money.

By the time we got home, we had a short rest before the "big kids" arrived for happy hour. We all caught up on the week's news. We had shrimp fettuccine for dinner and played "pass the trash" afterwards. I collapsed after that.

Saturday morning, I looked around and thought the house would never be the same. It didn't take long after they left to get it back to normal. We had a great time and I was so happy to spend time with those little girls! I'll look forward to them coming with the little boys for Camp Aunt Barb again this summer.

PS One morning while showering, the girls came in. I wasn't too concerned because I have frosted glass. Then I see this little face near the floor where Josie is looking up at me---"Aunt Baaarrrbbb, I see you!" Okay, I shrieked and made them get out! When I finished, they kept me company while I was getting dressed and putting on my makeup. So many questions---and innocent comments.
"Aunt Barb, you're kind of old!"
 "What is that stuff?"
"That makes you look funny" (referring to eye shadow)
"What do you use that for?" So I decided to show them---a shoehorn. Something new to them. I texted these photos to their mom with the caption: "You just never know what they will learn at Aunt Barb's!" To which she responded, "You are the only people under 90 who own a shoehorn!"

Maybe, but they sure had fun with it!
Right after they left, I found the "thank you" notes they left me. AND the dollar store yoyo that went missing. Evie worried herself sick looking for it!

Oh and one last thing. I let the girls play games on my iPad. Josie (the 3 year old) bought two games. I knew I was in trouble when I got a message saying "thank you for your purchase." When the charge came through, she had bought the same game twice at $3.99 each. I just "reported a problem" to Apple and they took it off. Sheesh! I guess I need to figure out how to use those parental controls! Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.