Wednesday, March 6, 2019

What I Buy Wednesdays

 When we were in Key West, I bought these roosters since they are running wild. Good reminder of the trip (and my brother at the same time).
We stopped at a little roadside stand on our Segway tour on Grand Turk. I bought a few pieces of Larimar for my girls.
After learning about the salt mines and donkeys, I asked our guide if I could have a rock. The entire island is built on this. It's called curry(not the cooking kind). I didn't want to lick it to see if it's salty. I like to pick up a rock from unusual places. When I get home, I use a sharpie to mark it. This one crumbles, so I couldn't mark it. I gave it to Butch.
I bought some hand rolled cigars for the boys. There are two "cigar worthy" events coming up. Mitchell's college graduation and Steeplechase. No one smokes them regularly, but this makes it sort of a treat.
I added a couple charms to my travel bracelet. Stephanie and I started them while in Ireland last year.   The camera and anchor are some cheapie things offered on the ship. The green/blue ball has shamrocks and the sheep next to it are from Ireland. I bought the Larimar/amber ball from Puerta Plata in the DR. Larimar is only found in the DR.

That's it for what I bought this trip. I don't really need anything, so I try to be discerning with my purchases.
 After leaving the hot tropics, the other girls (except Janice in Texas) were coming home to freezing temperatures and snow. I couldn't resist sending them this picture.
 A lot happens in a week in Nashville!
Spring has sprung! Still chilly though. Good thing. I'm not done with my daily fires.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea to buy a charm for your bracelet from your travels.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.