Wednesday, September 11, 2024

What I Buy Wednesday

About two weeks ago, my friend, Beth Ann sent me this Taylor Swift Apple Watch band along with a "thank you" note for my taking her to the TS concert (by those up-and-comers in the music business--not really TS).
But here's the thing. I didn't own an Apple Watch. I've been on the fence about it for a long time. In fact, before receiving this gift, Butch had mentioned that he was thinking about asking for an Apple Watch for Christmas. I said, "Or, you can just buy yourself one now." At that time, nothing more was really said. 

When I got the watch band, now all of a sudden, I wanted the watch too. I started by calling T-Mobile to see what kind of deal they had going. They had a "buy one, get one-half price." I texted Stephanie to see if it was a good deal. All of the girls have an Apple Watch and most of the guys (2 out of 3). So now we were really in the market. Steph did more research and said that Walmart had the best deal. Butch and I made a date to go after I played bridge the next day.

During my bridge game, I kept thinking about it. I finally decided that it was pretty stupid to spend $200 just so I could wear a $20.00 watch band! By the time I got home, I'd changed my mind and talked myself out of it. 

Butch went ahead and ordered his watch from Walmart. It arrived the day before Sandy and Greg came into town. As Sandy was telling him about the watch and features, there was one thing that really sold it for me: I can listen to podcasts or audiobooks while I'm out walking without having to carry my phone! I already was interested in some of the health features. 

Sooo, two days after Butch got his watch, I got mine! Sandy showed me a few things, Steph showed me a few things and then I watched some tutorials. Now I am not the type who is afraid of technology. I take the time to look at every single thing!
So I did. There are way more health features than I even knew about. There's one that really makes me happy--it measures how steady you are on your feet. So far, I am average! It monitors just about everything regarding my heart--I LOVE that. And this was my favorite thing that I've learned so far: my heart is very healthy--above average for my age! Heart disease runs in my family--my dad died at age 36 from a heart attack. My mom had AFIB and the twins have it too. The fact that I have an above-average heart is so motivating for me--my whole goal is to have a healthy heart! That's where the walking comes in which takes me right back to being able to listen without having to carry my phone!

It's the best $200 I've spent.

1 comment:

  1. There have been many times when I've considered an Apple watch, but I still haven't succumbed! I am sure that if I had a trial run I would be convinced but it is a lot of money to spend if you aren't really sure. Now if only I could convince either my son or daughter to get one ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.