Wednesday, August 14, 2024

What I Buy Wednesday

Today besides what I bought on our trip, I'm sharing what some of the other family members bought in the order of my request for pictures. 


Mindy (no big surprise that she would be first--she's an early bird like me):

Some of my gummi haul! From left: gummi cathedrals from Cologne, gummi bears in white chocolate from the Lindt Museum, mini haribos from the boat (Dad gave me his too which was sweet!), and gummi hearts from a cute local shop in speyer! 

Also Mindy..

Our souvenir haul. It’s almost all food/drink related! 3 Starbucks coffee cups (Basel, Germany, Amsterdam), one Starbucks cold tumbler (Germany), 2 kinds of tea (one from Speyer Germany and one from Fortnum & Mason-Heathrow), 10 kinds of peanut butter (Amsterdam), bracelet/Dutch portrait (Amsterdam), flower seeds from the vending machine (Rüdesheim), and more kinds of chocolate and gummies than I can count (all different locations). 


Stephanie: "Well in my haste to unpack I didn’t take a picture of my purchases! 

-Gingerbread
-Cheese
-Magnets 
-Ornaments
-book about the castles on the Rhine
-shoes 

Sandy:

In addition, Sandy and Greg bought cheese. I think everyone bought cheese except for me.

Jordan:

Morgan:



Sharon:
Watercolor of Amsterdam, medieval knight, Klimt "the kiss" scarf, wooden shoe keychains, slate heart, Coeur de Lion necklace, Christmas ornament, butterflies, Matt's collection of magnets, busty shot glass, crossbody sling bag, glittery crown barrettes, Dutch gouda cheese assortment, stroopwaffles, and lavender sachets. Many are gifts.


Here are my purchases:
I didn't think I bought all the much until I laid it all out: three Starbucks mugs for my collection (Germany, Switzerland and Strasbourg), a little back-pack (I needed something a little bigger than my purse--plus it's gold and I love the strap), two bracelets and a pair of earrings made of Delft glass beads, a bag of chocolates from the Lindt factory tour (really awesome), two little capsules of flower seeds, the pair of Holland wooden shoes are actually for Mindy (she wasn't there when I passed them out to all of the girls), replica photos of a Dutch Masters painting (I don't know which one--I'm not exactly in to art--we did it with Mindy and Justin for the experience), a Christmas ornament from Switzerland of a chocolate bar and a few Christmas gifts in the mug. 

Oh and those keys? Well, there's a funny story there:
When we were in Cologne, Germany, Mindy sent me a text. They were at the "love-locks" bridge. She and Justin found this lock:
 See it? The lock with the J&M? Well, she challenged us to look for one with our initials. We walked to the bridge and found this:
See that B+ & B-? That's been our initials since dating in 1971--it's kind of a joke--you can guess who B- is. I sent this picture. She couldn't believe it! But the backstory is that when she texted that challenge to us, I happened to be standing and looking at the guy who was engraving locks! Butch and I picked one out and had it engraved. 
We all got a good laugh out of it. And technically, this was another purchase. It came with keys to lock it. You are supposed to break off the key once you've placed it and throw it in the river. I decided to keep it for my scrapbook page. Oh and one more thing--we had to walk up about 6 really long flights of stairs. That wasn't so funny!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.